SSS or call the cops?

Quote:
Well, start raising cane!! That's what they are there for, just remind them of that. I don't know about anyone else, but the only time our local dog catcher will come out, is around this time of the year to make sure dogs have licsenses. It always amazes me when those who have dangerous animals react this way. Jeez.

The dog was in a little wooden fence that even I can jump over. The dog also has holes to go through since whoever put the fence in did a horrible job because there is like 1.5 feet between the fence and the ground. I don't think they are going to do anything especially in this snow. I have already called the police and they can't come until morning because they are getting so many calls.

Buschie's dozen :

Turn him in don't shoot it even though you wont get animal cruelty ,if the birds are a source of income for sable living if not then you'll be in trouble put the owner down while you're at it because I've had pits and no problem he doesn't know how to raise them that's why all the bad publicity some people need to learn your animals your responsibility.

Always know your rights for the area you live in. In Texas you can shoot an animal that is harassing your livestock, they don't have to be attacking them or already have killed one before you can take the matter into your own hands. All states allow you to protect yourself, I'm sure with deadly force if need be without repercussions on you.

I'm not much of a "second chance" kind of guy, I know a person I consider to be a good friend that owns a dog that has bitten 2 children, 1 of them in the face and he still owns that dog. I told him that if he didn't have the heart to deal with the dog I would, because both groups of parents didn't press charges. I also told him if it ever bit my kid he wouldn't have to worry about it because I will take care of it myself.
wink.png

Quote:
Well, start raising cane!! That's what they are there for, just remind them of that. I don't know about anyone else, but the only time our local dog catcher will come out, is around this time of the year to make sure dogs have licsenses. It always amazes me when those who have dangerous animals react this way. Jeez.

The last time I called them they didn't even come. Is someone gets hurt they come and give the owner a warning. The cops are so much better because animal control is lazy around here. They are too busy harassing chicken owners to deal with dogs.
somad.gif

Quote:
Always know your rights for the area you live in. In Texas you can shoot an animal that is harassing your livestock, they don't have to be attacking them or already have killed one before you can take the matter into your own hands. All states allow you to protect yourself, I'm sure with deadly force if need be without repercussions on you.

I'm not much of a "second chance" kind of guy, I know a person I consider to be a good friend that owns a dog that has bitten 2 children, 1 of them in the face and he still owns that dog. I told him that if he didn't have the heart to deal with the dog I would, because both groups of parents didn't press charges. I also told him if it ever bit my kid he wouldn't have to worry about it because I will take care of it myself.
wink.png

I can shoot it if it poses a threat to me or my livestock.

report it have the animal declared an viscous animal document anything that happens regarding the animal start a paper trail on the animal show it has a history of being violent towards people it will be easier to get it put down. frequently the S.S.S is said backwards it should be shut up shoot and shovel too many farmers talk too much at the feed store after they have taken care of a viscous worthless animal!!!

"...because animal control is too lazy."

Boy, can I relate! Had drug dealers next door that constantly let their pit bull dig under my fence and threaten my dogs. My dogs...DOBERMANS!!!...would hide in their dog houses. I'd call Animal Control. It would take them two hours or more to even call back. The neighbors knew the system better than I and always had their dogs back in their own fence then. Then I'd get the "you can't prove it" crap from the AC agent. They said I would have to take pictures and take them to civil court.

Well, since then I've learned the magical words, "If I don't get action, I'm going to have to go down and talk to the City Manager." This was on another city matter but it got me results after nearly 3 months of trying, so if you're not getting appropriate response for your hard-earned tax dollars, you can at least try this one.

Hope I've helped.

Connie

Quote:
I don't mean to sound offensive, but why would you think you could shoot it with a .30-30 when you say you wouldn't shoot it with a .22? The .30-30 has a much greater range and killing potential than a .22. The .22 or shotgun would be my choice out of what you listed. Why not a crossbow or compound bow? They'd never hear it.....
wink.png

Last edited:
Take pics, get signed statements from your witnesses, and take it to the neighbor's homeowners insurance company! They'll get dropped so quick (or rates raised beyond affordability)!

Do take it to the cops, too, but you'll probably get faster results from the insurance co.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom