St. Mary's County Maryland and Surrounding Area?

Hi!

I'm down the road in Dentsville. My 4 girls (first ever) will be 2 years old this spring. It's been a very cool learning experience. They are happy and healthy and lay wonderful eggs. They were not thrilled with the snow we got a couple weeks ago - chickens really don't like snow!

Take Care,
Beth

I'm in Charles County- not too far
smile.png

Awesome! Glad to know there are others around. I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my roos' combs. I'm going to post on a health group I guess. Black scab like spots and sometimes little beads of blood. I thought maybe picking from the other roo but there is also head shaking in both of them a little.

Mites maybe? I just had that issue mine did not get leg ones thankfully but I had to address them in the coop and knock on wood I think I got them under control or haven't seen any at least. But the scabs can come from that too... I think posting it in a forum is the best option. It's amazing how many people are out there and willing to help. I'm setting my first hatch on Sunday and got all my questions answered and after researching for over a month and speaking to them I'm confident I can hatch me some chicks
big_smile.png

I'm selling a peking/mallard mates. And juvenile hens, and my year old flock of rir (3), bantams (2),silky 1. Consist of 2 roosters and 4 hens but been together so it's not bad at all. Have a lot of supplies,and they are pets. I must know that they are safe cared for. Not happy about rehoming.

Back
Top Bottom