Staggered hatching Hatch-A-Long

I just got a terrarium sooo cheap to raise the chicks in that are 2/3 weeks old. Now I just have to find a place to put it and go get it... it’s huge!
I think I will put it next to the coop on the opposite side of the run, then I will make an extra run at that side, so they can go from the terrarium to underneath the terrarium with a heat plate when they’re 4 weeks old and then move to the other run when they are 6 weeks old. From there they can self-integrate into the adult flock with panic doors.

The thing has climate control, heated bottom and heat lamps, it’s insulated and has double glass doors! I am going to have a blast with it!
PS: off course there will be no more snakes in it!
:eek:
6F33539A-E1E7-4031-8033-19A0CFDA01E7.jpeg
8CF4E0FA-76D3-42E5-B93C-FCBC970227F6.jpeg

Thank you trying to wait for the veins to recede but not sure she has that much time left. She seems to be trying to breathe inside the membrane.
I had one like that before, I just kept adding coconut oil to the membrane at regular times and she eventually came out herself. Fingers crossed

I had one like that before, I just kept adding coconut oil to the membrane at regular times and she eventually came out herself. Fingers crossed
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. She hadn't pipped at all and I think her head is down on the bottom of the egg. So will need help getting out.

Back
Top Bottom