Standard bred Sumatras

OK let's see how this loads and if its back to the drawing board or if it will work. The Good the Bad and the Ugly, hopefully we can all learn something new and see things maybe we haven't before. We won't worry about color for this class since they are all different colors, :) one not being a recognized color. This will be a class of Bantam Sumatra Cocks and sorry know the body shots are hard to get but hopefully they are good enough.
Ok I will start! The thing I dislike about all of them is the large earlobes. It is hard for me to place them because pictures can only show so much. The dun will be my top based on the pics, followed by the black, and the blue is last. The dun has the best topline and great feet, his wattles and cobra neck arent to my liking but his flow is good. The black has a weak tail that looks droopy to me which ruins the topline. He has the best head though. The blue has the worst feet, a bunch of fluff at the tail, and a high tail, just looks like a typical bantam but he has the smallest wattles.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the screen thing. Technology just doesn't get along with me LOL.
hmm on my computer in the upper right hand corner, there is an icon that is 3 horizontal lines if I click on it, it brings down a box that has a zoom, I just increase that :) hope yours has it as well.

hmm on my computer in the upper right hand corner, there is an icon that is 3 horizontal lines if I click on it, it brings down a box that has a zoom, I just increase that :) hope yours has it as well.
I wish I was so lucky as to have that little gadget. I have to go into a program screen
somewhere and hunt down the settings and it will change the settings for the whole
dang computer.

OK let's see how this loads and if its back to the drawing board or if it will work. The Good the Bad and the Ugly, hopefully we can all learn something new and see things maybe we haven't before.

We won't worry about color for this class since they are all different colors, :) one not being a recognized color.

This will be a class of Bantam Sumatra Cocks and sorry know the body shots are hard to get but hopefully they are good enough.

Ok, just remember, no right or wrong, its opinions :).
I place this class of Bantam Sumatra cocks 1, 3, 2
I place the 1 over the 3 because he has the best feet and face of the class, nice solid yellow bottoms and his face is very dark, and he has what appears to be the best comb of the three. He is multiple spurred.
He has a nice strong topline, but the least feathered in tail, he is tighter feathered than the other two.
I place the 3 over the 2, he has better bottoms on his feet and no wattles. While I feel his tail carriage is not as nice as the number 2's, being a little high and he has more fluff
I feel the redder face and the wattles on the number 2 bird as well as the solid, non yellow outer toe of both feet of the number 2 bird warrents my placing him under the other two.

I wish I was so lucky as to have that little gadget. I have to go into a program screen
somewhere and hunt down the settings and it will change the settings for the whole
dang computer.
ugh, that is not good, I will upload the pics individually for you. and see even my son and I have different opinions when it comes to the judging :)

Infnityhrt..........can I suggest we work on thing at a time? I like the idea
and working with pictures as guides but it may be easier if we are going
over one body part and it definitely keep the discussion going longer.

On the three roosters.....I like the dun the best. I think he has the better
head shape, spur development, better and smaller comb, the better
tail carriage and least fluff.........but I'm just learning. I'm not very good
at this and what I really should look for.

On the black, I don't like his tail or the fluff at the base that is sticking up (I can't see to much detail as if I enlarge the pictures they become very grainy/ blocky looking) I can't see what his comb looks like too well, but he does have the smallest looking wattles and the best face color.

On the dun, I like his body the best. His tail is full, but not too full and horizontal without fluff sticking up. I don't like his neck. Once again I can't see the comb well enough, but it doesn't look to be a correct pea comb. His wattles/ lobes are a little bigger then the rest and his head looks to be a smidge smaller then the blacks (could be due to how close/ far away the camera was to each for the photos)

The blue has too high of a tail set and the fluff at the base. I can't tell much on his head as it is slightly turned, but I hate his comb. It looks to almost be a very small single comb (3 bumps in a row instead of 3 rows of bumps)

I would love a side shot of each birds head. When the SOP says a round head, does it mean from the side, from the front, or all around round?

Now ya'll can have fun pointing out what I missed seeing and what I saw wrong LOL..........Teach me
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom