Staples vs. screws and washers?

Gabtods

Chirping
May 16, 2020
PNW
Are screws and washers a must for securing hardware cloth? We used staples and it seems super secure, but now I’m super anxious! Will a racial rip the cloth out with the staples??

Are screws and washers a must for securing hardware cloth? We used staples and it seems super secure, but now I’m super anxious! Will a racial rip the cloth out with the staples??
I used staples to attach the welded wire that I put on the coop I built and haven't had any trouble at all. Now if you want the "strongest" possible attachment I'm pretty sure screws and washers are the way to go but nothing short of a bear is going to breach wire that's stapled properly. And I have a pneumatic stapler that shoots 1 5/8's inch staples so it made the job considerably less labor intensive.

And I have a pneumatic stapler that shoots 1 5/8's inch staples so it made the job considerably less labor intensive.
This^^^ kind of staple will work.
Set your PSI so it doesn't break wire.

Regular staple gun won't hold , so add screws and washers or screwed trim boards

I don’t even know if this will post where I think it will! Thank you TomZilla43 , just the answer we needed about stapling ....it is basically what we did...

1-5/8” staples are actually overkill, but I’m an overkill kinda guy! A 1” staple would do the job nicely though.

Back
Top Bottom