Star Wars Hatch Along

C0B51860-FEB8-43C4-B1AB-75AB83179116.jpeg
Haha! I will! Hatching is so fun, but it takes so much patience. I just candled today (day 7) and I saw the little chicks dancing around in their shells, and it was so cool. Every time I hatch I am fascinated with it.
This go round I am hatching for the farm I work at. I’m hatching from my own flock. I’m really excited to see how it will turn out because they will all be mixed breeds, and I think they will be gorgeous. I have hatched a few mixed breeds with this rooster, and I love every one of them. They have been stunning!
The chicks will all be half speckled sussex, and then they could be mixed with Easter egger, black Australop, buff orpington, barred rock, or red sexlink. So I could have a whole assortment!!
Well it’s day three and I absolutely could not wait to candle. At least 17 of 21 are developing!! Hopefully I’ll have lots of little fluffy butts!! I also have two speckled Sussex crosses I’m growing out. One is crossed with an EE and one is crossed with a gold laced Wyandotte.
25A99FBD-1AD6-44A2-9705-9183566DFFF2.jpeg

Attachments

• 3EBAE3DA-7A36-491A-A762-8B026B7D0494.jpeg
    3EBAE3DA-7A36-491A-A762-8B026B7D0494.jpeg
    953.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 3ECAE2B0-DBDB-416E-8B0E-D3C7B4CECFDE.jpeg
    3ECAE2B0-DBDB-416E-8B0E-D3C7B4CECFDE.jpeg
    972.8 KB · Views: 2
Well I am putting 6 of my couturnix quail eggs in to the bator tonight, and they should hatch on May 4th or maybe a day or two later. I just have to wait for the three freshly collected ones to sit for a few hours so the air pockets can form and then in they go! I can't wait to start with my own eggs this year!!! Last year they were shipped so the hatch rate was terrible.

@golden egg5 is your speckled Sussex not as mean as satan then? I’ve had two and they were both very aggressive with people.
Espresso is a big old love bug. He is such a good rooster. He is sweet to his girls, he’s nice to people, and I’ve even seen him try to attack a “predator” (in quotes because that was my LGD who was a new addition at the time, and she was making her rounds, and he thought she was a threat).

View attachment 1741120
Well it’s day three and I absolutely could not wait to candle. At least 17 of 21 are developing!! Hopefully I’ll have lots of little fluffy butts!! I also have two speckled Sussex crosses I’m growing out. One is crossed with an EE and one is crossed with a gold laced Wyandotte. View attachment 1741122
They are adorable!! Yay for chicks! :jumpyYou egg is looking good! I am having to sit on my hands to keep myself from constantly candling. I did candle the other day though, and 15 of them are developing and looking healthy and strong. They were all moving around.

Back
Top Bottom