StarLover's Class On: ~Drawing Roosters~ *first assignment up" *assigments due TOMMOROW!*

StarLover21

Songster
8 Years
Oct 11, 2011
Hi, and welcome to my class on drawing roosters. Before you join, make sure your joined up at the art academy! In this class we're be learning how to draw roosters- not just hens with curly tail feathers.

Here's a quick overveiw on what we will be working on. You need don't need any experiance at drawing to join this class.
First we will be working on of the roosters most distinguishing chararistics: tail feathers. We will be looking at sickle feathers, saddle feathers (upper and lower), and hackle feathers, knowing where they are and how to draw them. I need to make sure everybody knows the anadomy of a rooster's feathers, which I will be teaching to you, so if you already know this just follow along and work on your drawing skills on this subject. Next we'll be covering combs. (I know this sounds like a rooster anatomy class, but it's not, we will be drawing all of these things :) ). After we master those, we're be just going over the shape of the body from different angles, the head shape, stance, details, etc. Once I feel you all have mastered the overall roosters body, we'll be moving on to drawing rooster 'chicks and cockerels', and knowing how to draw young roosters, and the beggining of saddle feathers. But we'll get to that later.

I'll post our first assigment after I get several students to join!

Students (7):

NixNoodleNumbat*
OwlLover
Willowbranchfarms*
ChickenAddict92*
Dinahmoe
Quinn4321*
Indi*

Ignore the stars- those are just me keeping track who has turned in their assigment for the week.

Here's some samples of my artwork:

Last edited:
Can we do digital drawing?

I don't see why not....can I see a sample of your work to see if it would work, maybe? (I'm not trying to see if your good or not, just if the style would work). You can post a picture here or PM me.

Okay...does anybody else want to join?

Or should I just post assignments and people will join because it looks so awesome!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom