Started the new coop build

well they are laying eggs everywhere... corners of the coop, outside under the coop... grrrr and poopin in the nest boxes..... not sure what to do? give it time for them to realize? One did lay in the nest box but the others didnt.

well they are laying eggs everywhere... corners of the coop, outside under the coop... grrrr and poopin in the nest boxes..... not sure what to do? give it time for them to realize? One did lay in the nest box but the others didnt.
You have fake eggs in the nests? Have you seen the birds checking out the nest boxes?

You have fake eggs in the nests? Have you seen the birds checking out the nest boxes?
No fake eggs, maybe Ill just leave them in there for a day or so ( put in nest boxes ) They apparently are using them as one had egg other had poop ( 2 out of 4 ) but I havent seen them in the nest boxes yet, just mostly under the coop during the day to stay out of the sun I suppose. Coop has no door yet , window wide open and open vents at roof all around so its cooler than outside but still warm. cooler than the old coop inside for sure. Should I take the shavings up off the floor for now?

No fake eggs, maybe Ill just leave them in there for a day or so ( put in nest boxes ) They apparently are using them as one had egg other had poop ( 2 out of 4 ) but I havent seen them in the nest boxes yet, just mostly under the coop during the day to stay out of the sun I suppose. Coop has no door yet , window wide open and open vents at roof all around so its cooler than outside but still warm. cooler than the old coop inside for sure. Should I take the shavings up off the floor for now?
I'd get some fakes to start, like 1 golf ball in each nest to give them a clue.

Well, Im lacking eggs because the durka durr's are laying under the coop and cannot reach. I fished them out with a rake , what I could see.... Anyways, this morning I went out early and all the littles were in the coop so I measured and cut in the garage then went back out to seal off under the coop.... grrrrrr, they all decided they would go mental again and run out of the coop and under it so I sealed one side then ran them out to seal the other side. DONE ! They lost the extra shaded and cool space for now or maybe permanently? Now hoping they use the nesting boxes, I know 2 are for sure because of the type of eggs, time will tell.

out of commission for a few months, glad I got the coop finished before yesterday (still needs some tweeking and a door ) wrist turned out worst than the scan showed as the 2 major ligamints were shredded. 2 week in the splint then I get a cast for a couple months, then off to rehab. no fun here

Attachments

• 296000452_602858371356816_7919411688566793641_n.jpg
    296000452_602858371356816_7919411688566793641_n.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2
out of commission for a few months, glad I got the coop finished before yesterday (still needs some tweeking and a door ) wrist turned out worst than the scan showed as the 2 major ligamints were shredded. 2 week in the splint then I get a cast for a couple months, then off to rehab. no fun here

Oh, dear!

I hope you make a smooth recovery.

just stopping in to update, the girls are starting to mostly lay their eggs in the nesting boxes now, not sure which one is still bombing the corner of the floor so I can catch her and put her in the boxes... the nest boxes are quite a bit higher than they had by about 2 feet off the floor with a 6 inch landing, should I maybe add a ramp to the boxes? all the littles are finally going into the coop at night on their own and seem to be settling in better.

** pain finally subsided in the wrist, I was about to go mad with a pressure point over a bone....lol.
this coming friday the stitches come out and I get a cast put on for 2 months ( also get info on what was done, I was so dopey in recovery I dont remember if he did a fusion or bone removal, but did remember he said the 2 main tendons were completely shredded and had to be rebuilt... fun fun, can barely move fingers and lord almighty I dont want to try and move my thumb !!!!! I already know Ill be doing rehab after that cast comes off in 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom