Started Two New Quilts in Recent Days

That was the one I was planning to use, then considered the second one a bit. Thanks for your input! The yellow border sort of is odd to me--I'm not someone who is overly fond of yellow, generally, but it does go with the spring theme-think daffodils!

smile.png
..the first one gets my vote!

Am quilting it by hand now. Will be cutting a new bunch of blocks soon--I think I may do Jacob's Ladder. Might just make enough for a small quilt and sell the blocks for someone to put together, with or without sashing.

Here is the first few areas quilted on the "Cottage Garden" quilt. Most of it will have to be "stitch in the ditch" since I can't see quilting lines on these fabrics to follow, other than the dark solid purple sections. I may actually be able to use the backing fabric, a really sumptuous, rich one as the binding, too, by folding it over. I decided not to use the hummingbird one--just didn't seem right.

DCP_5785.jpg

DCP_5786.jpg

Oh! what lovely work you both are doing. I'm making the snowman blocks for the swap that's been started but I just finished a baby quilt for my DH's new great granddaughter that was born in June. Will try to upload a phot for all of you to see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom