Starting a Muscovy Duck Club

Hey kuntrygirl, I sure have missed you, where you been? I bet trying to keep you M drakes away from your ducks.
tongue.png

Oooooooo, I wanna join!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone there is not a club in place Jewel something run away with the idea then got annoyed when I tried to give the group direction and of the 8 or 9 who joined the yahoo group only Amy showed any interest in really working on a club so I said the heck with it for a awhile with the hope of trying again later so if you'll are really interested and read my previous post about a committee and the direction/pace this group needs to go at then Welcome aboard!

This is not an overnight project and I do not want anyone in charge at this point we need to form a committee and work together so we can build an awesome well rounded site with lots of information

I am going to be really busy this week so if any of you reply or send me messages I will be in and out but I am still here and will catch back up next monday as soon as my ragrats load on the school bus
big_smile.png

I really hope we can make this work this time around

This is a outside set of eyes looking in here.
The groups web site is far too busy, way to focused on graphics. Get rid of all of the unneeded background clutter. Use basic solid colors. Use a clean, crisp, professional looking logo. Clean text, not pixelated. Drop the artsy divider bars. Create a header with clear links to find information. Don't have a special tool bar to download. Most will shy away from these and they are very old school as far as web sites are concerned.
Put the egos and feelings in the closet, or you won't ever get anywhere. All things club related need to be discussed, voted on and approved. Not any one person should be doing everything. Don't say, we ned a logo and then jump the gun to toss just any old thing up. Remember the site might be a persons first impression of the breed, and IS the first impression of the club.
My personal first impression is that someone has a lot of fun playing with paint shop and picking backgrounds. Cream and white make reading text easier and faster load times on web pages.
It won't all happen over night, so no need to rush to put together something so quickly. Non public discussions should be done, before going public. Would really like to see this get it's footing and taken seriously.

Thank you and you are right that is why I tried to start a committee so we could all work together but as soon as I made suggestions about the website it all went downhill. Building a good website is not that hard as long as you keep it simple and fill it with lots of good info.

I really hope you will consider joining the founding committee so we can all work together and take our time making it right
thumbsup.gif

I really hope this club will become a reality

Do we need a show of hands to start?? Volunteers for anything??

Let me put my hand up as a starter then, I'm happy to be part of and help where I can...

Back
Top Bottom