Starting a Muscovy Duck Club

Let me know what colors you need pictures of and I can get better pictures in better areas so you can use them... All mine are Show Quality birds... So all I have are solids (Blue, Black, White, Chocolate, and have a few Silvers... )

Ya'll have sort of "flown the coop" here and kind of put the cart before the horse...
hmm.png

Quote:
If you guys want to join the club you really need to email the OP: Cheapchicksfarm. She requested that everyone email her so she could form the founding committee of the club she wants to start. She already has a plan in place for membership, founders, et al.

Quote:

I don't believe the OP necessarily volunteered to work on planning all of the member list and committee. I think she was just giving suggestions on what direction the club should be heading for.

The logo is uploaded on the yahoo group however the "gif" didn't gif on yahoo, so you will have to erase the black edges or email me for a true gif

Year ago I developed the IRSA when many had failed, I kept it going for over 10yrs before I handed it over. The one key here is to not start to large. Don't think you are going to do things, that may not be realistic. Set monthly goals for growth.
Right now, getting the word out is a goal. Asking groups like the APA for support, see if we can use their logo as a supporter if we as a group join their group. Getting links on other websites, again, getting the word out. we have 3 members on the yahoo group, one claiming to BE the NAMDA committee.. which I think is funny. We don't have a committee.
You need more then 3 people, or 10 people to have any functional group, so.. using ONE message board, like yahoo.. where we can conference and IM is really helpful. I know IM not going to jump from website to web site just to keep up for long and most won't. Making things easy for people to be members is also key.
What also happens allot in things like this is at first everyone wants to help, and soon they learn how much work that is. With holidays etc, we need to again make realistic goals for those who do want to help. If 10 people gather links or history or what ever, that is not as helpful as if each person had a job no one else was doing. This takes organization, again that would come about by having a meeting. Again, I suggest a yahoo conference were we can talk real time about these things.

It won't take long before a few people are doing all the work, and many are asking why the work isn't done. This is also normal in things like this.
Those who do volunteer, please make sure that you can do what you assign yourself to do.

Another thing that is really helpful is youth. The kids have time we don't, they have motivation out the gazo, and they are creative and in touch. They are also the future of the organization. To not involve them up front is a mistake. I have kids that joined the IRSA as 8yrs and now are in or graduated collage and are still in the field, still promoting and still on my FB. It was well worth having every one of them very much involved.

If we can pick a day, then a time to have a weekly chat.. this would really help. We need one for all members and one for those on the "committee" to at least touch base. Members are like feathers on a bird, the bird can't fly with out every feather, and even though some may not have time to devote to being on a committee, their voice and opinions are equally important.

This is just my opinion and past experience. If anyone has a better idea.. thats great, as right now we need to have a meeting and discuss those things.

I chose the name NAMDA Committee because names Similar to NAMDA were already taken. Once the committee is formed they can have all the information along with that account to send weekly updates and such.

Last edited:
Gottcha.. I think in the long run all the committees you have listed are a good idea.. however right now we have like 5 people total, and you listed more groups or leaders needed then we have members.. We may need a member drive so we can fill those positions.

Quote:
typically you have members in each district, however we have less then 10 members... so first you get the members, then you have districts.

Back
Top Bottom