Starting incubation of button quail 1/20

These were my test to see if they were fertile. Come to find out only one females eggs were fertile so I'm down to 3 only =\ but I got 3 batches, there's 4 in the 2nd and 3 in the 3rd. They all were more than double those numbers but some had small cracks and I took out the infertile ones and left with these.

Yesterday, the female that was laying the fertile eggs had passed. It was so sad! I think she was egg bound because she hasn't laid on her usual time. Is there anything we can do, if I suspect it to happen again to another female? Anyway, I'm really hoping to get some hatchlings as her mother can live through her children.

Yikes. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Not sure how/why she passes though. I'm having nervous thoughts that only one or none will hatch. We will have yo wait until Tuesday though. I have a batch the following Wednesday too. I'll keep you posted

I'm nervous too, as I can't candle them anymore the lil alien thing got too big and dark and it makes me nervous not seeing that moving floating thing in there lol. Today is my last day of turning and lockdown tomorrow.

This is what I candled today before lockdown. I think it's a good sign? I have 7 like this, 2 that are too dark to see anything, 2 duds, and 1 quitter in the incubator of 12. In my other incubator with seven, all are too dark to see anything. *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom