Starting incubation of button quail 1/20

Ya lol. Plus I remember there were moments that temp fell a lil below too so that made sense. I forget.. did you candle right before lockdown?

Ya, this is what I saw. Is it a good sign?

Yes, that's exactly what mine looked like. I know people will "hate" but I candled the air sack during lockdown and saw that their lil beak had broken into the air sack, eventually took the whole space of the air sack, then pipped and zipped.

Wow you sound like me while mines were hatching. Mines were almost 2 days past due.

Well, that's encouraging... I just worry that they were in lockdown like 18 hours early (because I was out of town and had to do it that way) Do you think me not turning them and raising the humidity to 65% 18 hours early, is the cause of my delayed hatch? (or potentially no hatch
hit.gif
)

robopetz, how close to two days past due were you? within a few hours (like 2) or (like 12) As of right now I am 20 hours past due....

Additional info:

Ran temp days 1 -12 1/2ish at 99.5 and 45% humidity
Ran temps 12 1/2ish- now at 98.5-100ish (potential temperature discrepancy due to conflicting thermometer readings) and 65-70% humidity. I did candle and see stuff in 6 of the 12 eggs (the rest were too dark)

Why do I not have 6 fluffy babies right now???

take a chill pill and let them come naturally. it does look like a small pip so just be patient...i know its hard but leave them alone. If you sit by quietly you might be able to hear them peeping to each other. So relax!

Back
Top Bottom