Starting that duck house

Well it is raining now not just misting. A quick check shows I have just a couple holes (it is used metal) that are dripping. No problem a bit of silicone cannot fix.
The ducks aren't upset about that little leak in their spot. :gig

The roof does drain so that worry is over.

I think I want to climb up there and add a bit of drip edge where the coop meets the run.....the only way to do a run roof was to slope a different direction. There is a section that I think was bent as there is a little leak along there.

Todays list.....

Make 100% certain ducks and chickens are secured OUTSIDE the work zone and INSIDE the unaffected section of the run.

Cut and roll chain link out of the way.

Get the base built and painted with porch and floor paint.

Haul off excess metal and pick up 2x4's while paint dries.

Clear workshop bench since it got buried in tools.:rolleyes:

With all my other time demands framing will start tomorrow.

To make things interesting.....the dogs are being turds and taking each others collars for a rousing game of interrupt me to chase them down. Then my mid rank hens decided a fight was in order. luckily Rudy was there to step in.
She is not the nicest head hen but she keeps order.

Oh and we are not even 50° here yet.

I cut about 3/4 of that lilac out before stupid crud started.

Fun fact....hubs had bolt cutters.....in his work truck....but had handed me a large pair of linemans pliers to cut the chain link with. :rolleyes:
I now have possession of those big bolt cutters.

This thread is partially to help keep me on track.

Anyone want to dog sit 4 big dogs with attitude issues today?

Last edited:
To make things interesting.....the dogs are being turds and taking each others collars for a rousing game of interrupt me to chase them down. Then my mid rank hens decided a fight was in order. luckily Rudy was there to step in.
She is not the nicest head hen but she keeps order.

Oh and we are not even 50° here yet.

I cut about 3/4 of that lilac out before stupid crud started.

Fun fact....hubs had bolt cutters.....in his work truck....but had handed me a large pair of linemans pliers to cut the chain link with. :rolleyes:
I now have possession of those big bolt cutters.

This thread is partially to help keep me on track.

Anyone want to dog sit 4 big dogs with attitude issues today?
Hang in there Henny :hugsYou are making great strides!

Back
Top Bottom