Starting that duck house

Our pallets were roofing pallets and they are built with the slats having zero gaps because roofing is so heavy. It isn't available to most people and usually the ones with the large slats are available to the public.

That would make a gigantic difference for sure.
I will still find a way to use my stack of pallets.....hubs wants a fish cleaning station...I could use a station near to rinse veggies too. I think that will be a good way to use a couple.

That would make a gigantic difference for sure.
I will still find a way to use my stack of pallets.....hubs wants a fish cleaning station...I could use a station near to rinse veggies too. I think that will be a good way to use a couple.
Definitely show me how you do it when you start. You can also use some for a compost bin.

Definitely show me how you do it when you start. You can also use some for a compost bin.

I will get it documented. I have a tiny sink I picked up for not such a tiny price for the cleaning table. I am thinking of plumbing a bucket to a hose piece to send the drain water where I want it.........lots to do before I can start that project.

Another day....hoping to get it framed today.
It is definitely going to be short inside.....shorter than I had wanted but I can stand under the roof and not hit my head. Hubs would definitely hit his.

Planning the pool area and outside water for drinking....I am looking at adding gravel under the pool and foot protection above that. Maybe flagstone or a ducky deck.
They will have to go up a ramp to get in the pool for sure as digging it down at all would be to hard in this ground.

This is what we bought for a swimmin spot.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubbermaid-structural-foam-stock-tanks-50-gal-capacity

I have 2 walls framed. :wee

Well.....minus the cross pieces for the windows and duck door.

I will need a second set of hands to get completely squared up and secured to the roof.

IMG_20200515_111951.jpg
It is deceptive. That top is the same width as the bottom.

A bit less terrified of me.
IMG_20200515_112043.jpg

They had been spread out napping when I stepped back there.

Made some progress....

IMG_20200517_122605.jpg
It got a little ugly as hubs decided the house needed more slope to the roof but it is on.

Next is framing in the duck door, windows, water closet and making the human door. Then on to the siding.

Water closet? Yes a water closet.
I am thinking water management will be critical so I am doing a water closet for the indoor drinking water. Think external nest box in appearance but with a pan and drain to handle all the splish splashing.
They will have to step over a 1&1/2" lip to go in but that is it.

More pics to come.

Finally moved forward quite a bit.

Today was a push for siding and quite a bit of painting. I didn't pause to take pics but will get some in the morning.

Tomorrow is finishing painting inside and out. No trim is up at all. While the paint dries I will run for pool plumbing fixtures.

The water closet idea got scrapped. Finding a proper sized tray meant ordering and it won't be here soon enough.

Sunday and Monday we will have rain, rain, and more rain. I plan to have them moved in before that hits.

OH hubs set a post for my small run extension so that is ready to go too.

Definitely need to get pics in the morning.

It has been a struggle as I threw my back out last Friday.

Back
Top Bottom