Starting that duck house

I'd say so too. I can't believe you did all or most of this yourself. Your amazing.

Thanks!

Mostly I am just stubborn. :p

Building this has been a challenge for problem solving. I got lucky that the posts I built between were still straight and true.
I definitely would not choose to build between posts if there were any other option.
Hanging siding alone is a pain in the back. Cutting things that are big by myself involved 2 sets of saw horses, a straight edge, clamps and more problem solving.

I built my big coop 90% by myself too. ;)
DSCF1056_zps50ac0b1e.jpg DSCF1048_zps76fd916a.jpg
When I was working on it....I lost my other pics during the upgrade of BYC.

Wow that’s awesome! Did you just decide one day I am going to be a carpenter? lol

Naw. Decades ago I had to decide if I was willing to pay big bucks for others to do things for me or figure it out myself. I didn't have big bucks so off I went. Not everything has gone well but I can do enough it makes it worth the effort.

I have had a few very good teachers along the way too.

That big coop is based off of one in the coop section by Debbie10 I think.

I loved that salt box roofline.

Last edited:
Ok so I have done a couple water changes since the deck went in.

So far it is working great!

It was dry under the ball valve access door. I use the pressure nozzle to spray the poo off the deck. That works very well to knock it through the fence. I can rake that area as needed to prevent build up.

The ducks are a lot calmer around me now. It hey were even brave enough to hop in the pool while I was filling it.

No more limping from the one duck.

Back
Top Bottom