Starting to look a little rough... ***PICS***

WillsMama93

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Shreveport, La
Well, Lola and Pinoccio are at 3 weeks now.. and starting to look a little rough. But they are growing so fast. And our babies are getting bigger everyday! Bob is really starting to get some good wing feathers going, and a bit of a tail too.. maybe Bob is a girl afterall! Well, here's Lola and Pino, looking scruffy...

04-10-08_0701.jpg

Look at our mystery chick, Bambi "peeping" up at me...

04-10-08_0700-1.jpg

I am Soooooo in love!!

Ohhh, a quick update.. last night we tried watermelon for the first time..
At first, none of the chickies would venture even close to the plate.. so I added a little bit of crumbles to the top of the melon.. well, as that got mushy, here came the biddies!! While scarfing down the mush, one of the gilrs got a taste of melon.. and it was ON!! I have never laughed so hard, Bambi was being chased by Lola, and finally got her little piece down. Then, Lola got a hunk, and had to run from Bambi, ened up having to crouch in the corner of the brooder box to eat her melon in "peace" Pinoccio paid no attention, just stood at the plate woofing down as much as could fit in a beak. Then I got totally tickled at the whole lot of them "wipeing their mouths" on the shavings after they were done.
And wouldn't you know it, my camera battery was dead!!!
yippiechickie.gif

AWWWW ! So hard when you can't spend 24/7 with them ! Mine look the same way and I can't believe when they don't take the treats ! Guess they must learn as they get older ! Cute chickies though ! Show us more when they get older !
clap.gif

I will be sure to have my camera charged and ready next time we try a new treat!! They moved into a larger brooder box this morning.. things were getting a bit cramped, and I was having to change the shavings twice a day. Now they have room to spread their wings and flap a little!!
D.gif

I like the different colors. I've missed earlier posts...what breeds do you have?

I have 2 banty cochins.. one blue (Lola) and the other I think is going to be a white (Coconut).. right now she is kind of a dusty yellow color. I have one banty RIR (Pinoccio) and two mystery chicks.. a little black one named Bob, and a pretty bantam with the brown stripe down her back is Bambi. Bambi think's she's one of the big girls. She likes to run with Lola and Pinoccio (3 1/2 weeks) instead of her fellow biddy babies (1 1/2 weeks)

Back
Top Bottom