Startiong first incubation attempt as soon as eggs arrive....

got thru day 1 alright...didn't sleep a wink but hey, it's motherhood.
cold wind from the NW tonight and the digital temp INside the bator is reading 99.0, tho the rest of the room is HOT...small space heater running in the room tonight.
Sweating bullets.

Last edited:
Quote:
bow.gif
way to go...Im hoping for success.

so now 2 days into this I've read on egg turning that if you aren't laying eggs on their sides, they should be setting at a 45* angel with the fat tip up, I've had it the opposite way!! I've rotated them now.

Quote:
There were 12 in the box. So far so good. I can't wait to candle them in a week to see if they're developing!!

me too, specially the Barred Rocks. I want to know if DADDY is fertile.

OH OH...big scare this morning...found the temp setting at 97.9, don't know how long it had been at that or why. Then got home from church and it was at 100.9. I raised the lid and blew to cool it some, guess I have to set here and monitor the thing by the hour. I hope I haven't lost evcery chick.

I wish you well, but I wouldn't get too excited seeing is how this is your first hatch and it's in an LG
duc.gif
be prepared for allot of roller coaster up's and downs when using the LG
th.gif
I just hope you didn't spend allot on your egg's or if they are coming from your own layer flock that would be a tad bit better. Better find that LG bator thread before you start so you can rebuild/ tweek your LG before you start, and some of the LG owners might be of some help and a support group, you just have to be realistic about the equipment your dealing with. good luck with your hatch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom