Startiong first incubation attempt as soon as eggs arrive....

I candled all of ours and used an LED flashlight and on day 7 could SEE BABIES in there!! viens at the least in all but a couple and BABIES in most with the p-nut shaped little things wiggling around and you can see the EYE! everyone said you can and I was amazed! I numbered each breed and am writing down what I see in each egg so that NEXT time we candle we know what THAT particular egg did last time. Prolly a bit much but ah well. I'm prolly overthinking it all but again oh well. I have noticed a couple with aircells that are moving lke if you tip the egg then it slides along under the shell,since I understand that is bad and the only chance for these peeps is to hatch out in an egg carton, I'll do that for the ones that are compromised from shipping.! will send pics in a abit!
droolin.gif

ok so here are our candling pics first one is day three just shows a a larger dark area...coming along one candled clear this day and later still candled clear...on day ten...put in a bag and cracked open it was fertile never did develop here we go,

day 3 incubation

113632_chickens_084.jpg

day ten incubation, you can see the viens in some and the little pnut is visable, with the eye seen easily. If
a shell isnt real dark shelled,These are my cell phone so it was a bit blurry, sorry about that!

113632_eggs_and_chicks_004.jpg

113632_eggs_and_chicks_003.jpg

113632_eggs_and_chicks_005.jpg

113632_eggs_and_chicks_006.jpg

113632_eggs_and_chicks_008.jpg

113632_eggs_and_chicks_008.jpg

Thats it! Chicwanna I hope that helps to show ya kinda what to look for...if it is there you will SEE it. dont fret I didn't think I would get it either but it was easier than it seems. Obviously easier in person they arent blurry! and they MOVE!~ Cyndy

Quote:
Im going to do it again Saturday, perhaps it isn't dark enough behind the shower curtain!! hahaI probably need to make one of those real nice candle boxes like I've seen on here. Glad you're having success.

tomorrow I go into lockdown, it doesn't look good here. I've already thrown away 5 of the 12 eggs I started.
The remainder have definately developed into something, but I don't see movement at all. I fear they've died.
sad.png

I will never use an LG again...it's going up for sale.

THe LG does work IF you are willing to put some work into it. It's not for everyone. I learned a great deal about incubating when I first used mine. I also did a great deal of reading the LG threads and ChooksChicks page. Sorry it didn't work well for you; I've hatched dozens of eggs this year with my LG. Hope you will try hatching again.

Hey if you got lemon cuckoo orpingtons (english) for that price that is a good deal. I know it is frustrating when thermometers read different readings. Mine always did that. I have never calibrated a thermometer because mine were always digital. I just took an average of the thermometers. If you want to know how to calibrate a hygrometer just type it in on google. A few really informative web sites will come up. Usually cigar type. Anyway good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom