Starved Gosling is growing, but paws are bowing.

Just be careful if your using vet wrap you want it snug but not so snug it cuts off circulation.
Def try.
I'm not managing to not cut off his blood circulation.
His paw was very inflamated, even if i use elastic bandage and tried to be gentle.
The tendon stays put as long as he doesn't try to walk and it's been 4 days that I missed it. The knee is more inflamated than other leg.

While am trying to still understand how to best bandage him, I just cut 2 holes in a box for his feet so they are just dangling down , like this tendon is ok and he still flaps legs around while am trying to understand if I put the slip or just a stick to hold it still.

I understimated the paws issues and was too taken with inflamation.

Last edited:
Just be careful if your using vet wrap you want it snug but not so snug it cuts off circulation.
Def try.
20231019_195949.jpg

He hated it, but he was there most of the day... For night I took the plastic foot off in cage and left just a bandaid.

When using this for treating slipped tendon aren't they suppose to just dangle the legs and not touch the floor?
precious gosling ♥️

Okay have you read this scroll till you come to slipped tendon
I had to improvise a lot, i took 2 sticks to block tendon between them and then wrapped with elastic bandaid. I understood that the leg bow is compromising his leg so I made 3D pen leg support, the dangling down part I am in fact not sure of, I wanted to add a bit of tension to tendon to not allow it to shorten too and stimulate the muscles to strenghten and not get even limper.

I took him off of the box as he truly hated it, for the night. and took the 3D support off, he manages to snuck leg under his body to sleep. His leg is quite inflated, and am very scared for circulation, I did my best to have bandage light.. But it inflates fast with it, even if it's relatively light.

Am thinking to make swings in cage from cloth and use cage as support to swings.
Him snugging feet under himself.. is really not good i think.

I read the articles and they mention different things, am still confused if bird can bend the leg or he must strictly remain with straight legs.

He was screaming and beating me with his paws all evening like a kid.

Am not sure if it helps the situation. But putting back in tendon is easy and he makes a few steps too or even swims no problem. It pops out only at full of his weight

That's good it pops back in. I wish I could help more but I just can't find much to help you.

sorry I forgot to post the info I put it up.Post 33.

I wish @casportpony would see this and reply maybe she can help she has a lot of knowledge.

That's good it pops back in. I wish I could help more but I just can't find much to help you.

sorry I forgot to post the info I put it up.Post 33.

I wish @casportpony would see this and reply maybe she can help she has a lot of knowledge.

I finally had a visit to avian veterinary in another region. I was ready for worst. But I was informed that he has a mycoplasma and chlamydia infection and gave me a full set of all medicines. Am very confused about the tendon as they kept assuring me that it was not that and to make him eat grass and vegetables. Am not sure about it, but am willing to give the therapy a try. A lot of suggestions here did save his life from anorexia and malnutrition. The doctor said to continue with bandaids and water therapy

That’s great you were able to get him to a vet. Hopefully with treatment you’ll begin to see big changes for good!!🙏
We are giving him new treatment and the gosling is growing with the speed of light.
However the legs are worsening and am sure the vet is shrugging off the real issue. I'm not a vet, but this looks like a slipped tendon. The gosling is in great pain daily.
I uploaded a few videos.

Poor little one. Why is the vet not addressing the slipped tendon?Have you thought of making a chair for the gosling? where the legs go into holes and hang down? I've seen people do this to help with slipped tendons. Or at least he could use it to push himself around. Did the vet give him any Meloxicam since it's helps with inflammation and also helps with pain?

Last edited:
Poor little one. Why is the vet not addressing the slipped tendon?Have you thought of making a chair for the gosling? where the legs go into holes and hang down? I've seen people do this to help with slipped tendons. Or at least he could use it to push himself around. Did the vet give him any Meloxicam since it's helps with inflammation and also helps with pain?
So you agree that it's a slipped tendon? I feel like they are fooling me by making many therapies when the situation is desperate. We sent swabs from his mouth to Germany, giving him antibiotics and antiinflamatory. I had a box with holes, but despite his tendon he breaks free from it, hitting screaming and jumping. I feel i mistook by taking off bandages.
He was prescribed : Rimadyl and Bassado

A lot inflamation passed, but the legs. I don't know how to put them correctly anymore.

Here is how I give him baths :

Back
Top Bottom