Starved Gosling is growing, but paws are bowing.

So you agree that it's a slipped tendon? I feel like they are fooling me by making many therapies when the situation is desperate. We sent swabs from his mouth to Germany, giving him antibiotics and antiinflamatory. I had a box with holes, but despite his tendon he breaks free from it, hitting screaming and jumping. I feel i mistook by taking off bandages.
He was prescribed : Rimadyl and Bassado

A lot inflamation passed, but the legs. I don't know how to put them correctly anymore.

Here is how I give him baths :
That one leg he is holding up maybe a slipped Tendon. or could it be from him being starved and it messed up his legs. Seems a vet would know by examine if it’s a slipped tendon. I’d keep up with the B Complex since it can help but I’m just not sure What else other than what you’re doing. I’d sure be questioning the vet about his legs and if he can verify it isn’t a slipped tendon or a deformity from starvation.

So, I feel like I got scammed by veterinary. I should have known it the moment the vet refused to touch or make a proper examination on the leg. And when i repeated about the tendon i was laughed at, they said such things don't happen and tendons don't slip and to not read everything online. (all online suggestions is what kept him alive)

I was asked by vet to remove any vitamins i was giving so far, mealworms, bandages, grain and therapy and give only greens with anti inflamatory and antibiotics.

All bacterial tests came out negative yesterday and the leg is an absolute mess and horror now.
I went to a friend doctor for humans, who confirmed it to be a tendon and is shortened now too.

Today i heard the gosling cry in pain, and i think.. leg is now also dislocated. I can't turn to normal vets, and avian one aparently scammed me. So i can't put the leg in place alone or even ask for help.
I don't know if normal vet will even euthanise a bird.. currrently am just looking at how to part with him in humane way, which is sad since he clearly is full of fighting spirit

@Miss Lydia

Attachments

• 20231031_205312.jpg
    20231031_205312.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 11
I am so sorry this has happened to your little gosling.

If you feel this is the best for him I can't imagine why a vet wouldn't humanely put him down.
You have tried so hard to help him. Do you think if he had a wheelchair this would give him quality of life? Or do you think he would be in pain no matter what was done at this point?

I am so sorry this has happened to your little gosling.

If you feel this is the best for him I can't imagine why a vet wouldn't humanely put him down.
You have tried so hard to help him. Do you think if he had a wheelchair this would give him quality of life? Or do you think he would be in pain no matter what was done at this point?
Honestly I got so attached to him, but I don't understand what went wrong with a leg, if bone went fully out of socket or not.

I was thinking of prothesis but his leg is in pain to support on it. I was ready for amputation, but avian vet just plays on my emotions at this point, saying to come for visit on 16th and try for another infection.

And regular vet turned me down since they can't treat any birds. Only dogs and cats.

Wheelchair..I can try.. I try to see if leg still bothers him.

i’m so sorry 😢
you did so much to help the little guy , and he knew love in this world because of you ❤️

Back
Top Bottom