Stella's Social Club

My "spade" came! The blade is so sharp it cut the paper! I feel much safer now carrying this tool, one blow and a snake head is gone.

My latest two chicks. Icelandics.

Ebony

Ivory

Totally non-cooperative for photos!

The dark chick had totally splayed legs bilaterally when it hatched yesterday. I put hobbles on it right away. I took them off this morning and the legs seem fine. The chick is running all over the place.

Thank you all for the advice. The shovel comes with a sheath that has a sturdy belt strap and loop. And it also supposedly throws well.
The long handled Kukri Machete was out of stock, so I settled for this piece. The handle has a little knob at the end that gives a good grip. IMO, it looks less conspicuous than a knife.
The paths to the chickens are all cleared, but there are gopher holes everywhere and I am certain snakes use them. Cannot wait for snake season to be over

My latest two chicks. Icelandics.

Ebony

Ivory

Totally non-cooperative for photos!

The dark chick had totally splayed legs bilaterally when it hatched yesterday. I put hobbles on it right away. I took them off this morning and the legs seem fine. The chick is running all over the place.

Cute chick's Mary!!!!

My latest two chicks. Icelandics. Ebony Ivory Totally non-cooperative for photos! The dark chick had totally splayed legs bilaterally when it hatched yesterday. I put hobbles on it right away. I took them off this morning and the legs seem fine. The chick is running all over the place.
So cute and I am glad the legs are ok

Back
Top Bottom