Stella's Social Club

I had a request this morning to help out a person who apparently wasn't thinking ahead when he ordered way more chicks then he can handle. I agreed to take some and a chicken buddy of mine agreed to take some. This has happened to me before - I once took a whole 25 chick order from McMurray Hatchery that someone was keeping in a hamster cage, of all things! (They were popping up and down like popcorn.) It seems that there is a huge interest in chickens all of a sudden and people are running out and getting them without doing their homework ahead of time.

I had a request this morning to help out a person who apparently wasn't thinking ahead when he ordered way more chicks then he can handle. I agreed to take some and a chicken buddy of mine agreed to take some. This has happened to me before - I once took a whole 25 chick order from McMurray Hatchery that someone was keeping in a hamster cage, of all things! (They were popping up and down like popcorn.) It seems that there is a huge interest in chickens all of a sudden and people are running out and getting them without doing their homework ahead of time.
45 million commercial hens have been euthanized this year. We are going to start importing eggs from the netherlands.

Yes, lots of interest in chickens!

45 million commercial hens have been euthanized this year. We are going to start importing eggs from the netherlands.

Yes, lots of interest in chickens!
I think it's great that there is lots of interest and yes, the egg shortage is going to be bad, but people should at least do their research before getting their chicks and then panicking when they realize they have no clue. I could start a chicken rescue here with all of them I've taken in from desperate people who realize they're in way over their heads.

I think it's great that there is lots of interest and yes, the egg shortage is going to be bad, but people should at least do their research before getting their chicks and then panicking when they realize they have no clue. I could start a chicken rescue here with all of them I've taken in from desperate people who realize they're in way over their heads.
Before getting chickens, they should become BYC members.

I am so happy that I have my own source of eggs!
I'll never have my own source of eggs! I grabbed eight eggs from under these two goofballs and tossed a broken empty shell on the floor of the coop. I hurried in to candle the others. There were five that had started developing, three with viable embryos, and two cracked quitters. I took the three viable eggs back out to them. While I was gone, they had retrieved the empty shell from the floor and were sitting on it.

th.gif

Back
Top Bottom