Stella's Social Club

Did you all run outside to see the Harvest Moon?
My new camera - Sony cyber-shot dsc-hx400v

Fantastic shot! It was a beautiful moon!

Quote: After all of the chickens I lost, I need to hatch (or grow) some more. I don't have time for the brooder, so the broodies can help me out! Most of the chickens I have left are older chickens - Crazy Orp is going on 6. I still have an olive egger from you, but she hasn't laid in years. 2 Barnevelders that are 4 or so. One of my original olive eggers, and she's about 5 and still laying when she's not broody, like now. Another olive egger that is 2, also broody. A 2 year old welsummer. An Icelandic that is 4 or 5. And a black sex link that is 3. I have 1 pullet left from the 3 I gave my olive egger broody earlier this year. The critter got the other 2.

So...........I now need some younger birds.

Kathy, I do feel very badly for Mike. I just can't think of any substitute for ice cream.
One word..................cheesecake.

After all of the chickens I lost, I need to hatch (or grow) some more. I don't have time for the brooder, so the broodies can help me out! Most of the chickens I have left are older chickens - Crazy Orp is going on 6. I still have an olive egger from you, but she hasn't laid in years. 2 Barnevelders that are 4 or so. One of my original olive eggers, and she's about 5 and still laying when she's not broody, like now. Another olive egger that is 2, also broody. A 2 year old welsummer. An Icelandic that is 4 or 5. And a black sex link that is 3. I have 1 pullet left from the 3 I gave my olive egger broody earlier this year. The critter got the other 2.

So...........I now need some younger birds.
I can relate. I lost many birds this past year. In the end I only had about 20 left, and got rid of them just so the predator wouldn't get them! I miss them all very much!

Congrats Kathy
ya.gif

Wow congrats Kathy! Really sorry to hear that you no longer have your birds, but I think we all understand how much work they can be.

Kelly, hope your broodies do well for you. And the varmint either leaves or is dispatched.

I can relate. I lost many birds this past year. In the end I only had about 20 left, and got rid of them just so the predator wouldn't get them! I miss them all very much!
I'm sorry Kathy. So you don't have any birds now?

SEVEN years? I have been on BYC for 7 years?

Holy Moly Macaroni !
clap.gif
(me too, I think)

Yep, I've been here 7 years also.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom