Stella's Social Club

Michael is doing fine as well.

I have been spared most of the fire issues here. Mostly, we just had a lot of smoke. The fires this year were farther away from us. They are devastating to the over 1,000 people that lost their homes in Redding.

I have been extra busy with my mom. She is going through chemo right now, so between checking on her, grocery shopping/errands, cooking meals to help her and my step dad out - so my life is hectic. Plus, I have helped my grandmother by doing her personal finances for the past 7 years and I do her grocery shopping too. Add my house cleaning, kids stuff, chickens and bees, saying I'm a pretty busy person is a HUGE understatement. Now my grandmother fell, and I got summoned for jury duty. :he

Wow, you are busy. Hopefully, they'll allow you to delay jury duty.

No more skunk problems! :yesss:

The pesky animal figured out how to open my pop door, so it was inside my coop just about every night for the past 2 weeks. I would chase it out, and it would come back. The last time I couldn't get it out, so I assisted with a shovel and I got sprayed. :sick The shovel took most of it, but I got enough to smell oh so lovely. I couldn't deter it, so I called the county trapper. He delivered a trap, and I baited it with an egg and chicken feed. Last night I caught it, and the trapper picked it up today.

Good timing too, because my broody hen just hatched 7 babies. Now they will be safe.

No more skunk problems! :yesss:

The pesky animal figured out how to open my pop door, so it was inside my coop just about every night for the past 2 weeks. I would chase it out, and it would come back. The last time I couldn't get it out, so I assisted with a shovel and I got sprayed. :sick The shovel took most of it, but I got enough to smell oh so lovely. I couldn't deter it, so I called the county trapper. He delivered a trap, and I baited it with an egg and chicken feed. Last night I caught it, and the trapper picked it up today.

Good timing too, because my broody hen just hatched 7 babies. Now they will be safe.
Yolo county used to have a trapper. They did not renew the contract. I think it was a big mistake.

Good news on getting rid of the skunk!

Back
Top Bottom