Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California
    Looks very pretty Mary...and it will be so much cooler :) I thought about cutting mine short except I love putting it up in a ponytail .... :)

2. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California
    I had to chase down all the Rooster I sold today...by myself! What a work out ! Hope you caught them Deb !

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Tomorrow

Jun 28
    Saturday

Jun 29
    Sunday

Jun 30
    Monday

Jul 1
    Tuesday

Jul 2
    [​IMG]
    Mostly Sunny
    [​IMG]
    Mostly Sunny
    [​IMG]
    Mostly Sunny
    [​IMG]
    Partly Cloudy
    [​IMG]
    Partly Cloudy
    Hi:
    121°

Lo:​
    92°​

Hi:​
    119°​

92°​

116°​

92°​

113°​

91°​

112°​

91°​
    Weather Maps​

We start moving on the 3rd.

It could take us a week or more.

Can't believe how much we are just throwing away.

121 is one degree lower than THE ALL TIME HIGH IN PHOENIX, June 26th, 1990

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    You've still got a ways to go to catch up with my short....mine is half that length. I love mine short. It is so much easier to deal with.

5. thedragonlady

thedragonlady Overrun With Chickens

Feb 6, 2012
    Camden,S.C.
    Rounding up birds is like herding cats. No fun in the heat. GET A HOSE ! Put a jet nozzle on it, and herd them with that. Easy !

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  6. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Rinda [​IMG] for the injury and illnesses among your flock. You've received lots of good advice. I hope everyone recovers.

Dar, Be very careful moving. Start early and take a break midday!

Mary, Love the haircut!

Deb, I got a chuckle at the idea of you with a headlamp on looking for the leghorn. Those "pair of eyes" were probably hoping you'd "spotlight" their dinner for them! Did it survive the night?

Our 10 day forecast looks great! Highest day time temp 85 F. I'm sure broodies Fjola, Frekja, Forsaela and Elska will appreciate that!

Friday! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  7. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    I almost put her down last night- then I noticed her full crop and thought, "Well, if she's eating good maybe she can pull through."

I will thank you.

Thanks I do seem to have a ton of weird ailments jumping out of the woodwork all of a sudden!

8. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Rinda, it could definitely be Mareks I am sorry to say. Sadly you may have to sacrifice one to euthanasia and necropsy to know for sure. Do you have a University with a vet program near you? If you want a definitive diagnosis that is the only way to get it. I am wondering if your bird with the eye problem could have the occular form too. Anyway, I am so sorry you have this going on and hope they al get better and it turns out to be nothing.

Deb, still chasing birds this morning? Did the one make it through the night? [​IMG] Chasing chickens sucks in my opinion.

Molly you must be feeling better to chase roosters by yourself! You go girl. [​IMG]

I made tamales yesterday and was on my feet for hours. I am tired and sore today. It was all worth it seeing everyone gobble them up for dinner last night!

Speaking of gobbling, I had a yardfull last night.

[​IMG]

I had better go throw some scratch out for the chickens so Isi and Bjorn shut up and my family can try to sleep in!

9. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    That's dissapointing to hear. The closest one is OSU (Oklahoma State University) which is about a 2 hour drive from me. I will think about it. I am going to send off Isbar chicks there to try and figure out what's going on, last hatch almost 2 weeks ago I had 10 chicks and I'm down to 1. Still have no idea what's going on.

10. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I think that is a wise decision. Hard, but wise.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by