Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I just got tempted and candled my eggs in the incubator. I wanted to know how many of the Isbars were developing. Well of 6 eggs three are quitters. So, I still have three left. I am tempted to throw a few more in the incubator but I don't really want to be raising chickens all summer long. I think I will just hope that the three I have hatch and they are pullets. [​IMG] I have one adult too right now, plus three hens and a pullet. Ideally I would like six or seven pullets. I'll get there!

The good news is 10 of the original 12 Icelandics are still viable. One was clear from the get-go and now another has quit. That will be enough babies for me!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    ND then, insomnia set in... but in good news... we got a great deal on a Kenmore Elite, side by side refrigerator for the new home....

3. LaceyMae

LaceyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, everybody! I'm new here but would love to join Stella's social club. Is there room for one more?

4. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
  5. thedragonlady

thedragonlady Overrun With Chickens

Feb 6, 2012
    Camden,S.C.
    Try taking a poop sample to any nearby vet, to see if you have a coccidia outbreak going on.Are your chicks on MEDICATED starter ? If not, coccidia would be my first guess.

6. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Awesome Dar. The fridge, not the insomnia.

When do we get to see pics? I want to see your view.

7. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Absolutely. Stella is all about coming and going as you please. Welcome!

8. Miss Molly

Miss Molly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2012
    Newcastle California
    I just got tempted and candled my eggs in the incubator. I wanted to know how many of the Isbars were developing. Well of 6 eggs three are quitters. So, I still have three left. I am tempted to throw a few more in the incubator but I don't really want to be raising chickens all summer long. I think I will just hope that the three I have hatch and they are pullets.  :lol:   I have one adult too right now, plus three hens and a pullet. Ideally I would like six or seven pullets. I'll get there!

The good news is 10 of the original 12 Icelandics are still viable. One was clear from the get-go and now another has quit. That will be enough babies for me! 
    I have always had such trouble hatching isbar eggs. Drives me nuts!

9. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Tucker is a happy boy right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by