Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:Originally Posted by The Sheriff [​IMG]

Tucker is a happy boy right now.

[​IMG]

........are you sure he's happy and not wondering "When are these girls going to get off my bed?"

2. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    [​IMG]

3. debs_flock

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    I'm leaving in a half hour to go pick DH up at the airport [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I don't have to do all the chores by myself after this morning [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Oh, an I missed him too [​IMG]

4. NotAFarm

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Did you catch anything in the trap for a homecoming present?

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Cute!
    Welcome!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  6. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    My welsummer broody ended up with 2 welsummer chicks. One had pipped the wrong end made it out yesterday, and it was all dry and fluffy last night. I thought the rest of the eggs were duds (since I never candled them) and one hatched through the night. I candled the other 2 and they were early quitters. She's a happy momma all settled in her private quarters now.

My barnevelder ended up with 4 chicks. She freaked out when I moved her and squished the blue Olive egger and crushed another in the shell. My fault, I've never had them freak out when I move them with their babies before, but she's a first time momma. So she has 2 black olive eggers, 1 splash olive egger and a welsummer and she's doing wonderfully with them.

My next broody hatches after the weekend of the 4th. My Orp that crushed all her babies is trying to be broody again, but she's not getting any eggs. She had just started laying again too. [​IMG]

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I hope that by the end of July, when we are "settled in" that I'll be able to take pics.

DW is busy "Staining" furniture that she wants "darker"... whatever... It's going to be a VERY LONG HOT MONTH.

There are some forecasts that say 122 today, but the dew point is up to 43 so I doubt it will get over 114. We shall see.

It hit 116 at my house yesterday and the forecast called for 121 so were doing good... and the hens gave me an even dozen yesterday, but most stayed in the air conditioned coop most of the day.

8. debs_flock

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
    No [​IMG]

The trap had been sitting outside for months. I think it needs a good scrubbing and something to oil it (without leaving scary oil scent).

They ate the bait, but the trap didn't spring. I had only hosed the leaves and twigs out of it before setting it.

9. NotAFarm

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Well, they won't be too afraid of it since they got a free meal there once. Sounds like an item for the top of the honey do list! [​IMG]

10. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Well, I can't really blame them. I'd stay in the air conditioned coop too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by