Stella's Social Club

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Sheriff, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Dar! I am so glad you checked in. We miss you. Moving is exciting and STRESSFUL! You know I am an expert.

Our A/C repair person comes tomorrow. I sure hope this one can figure something out. I am going to pressure the warranty company like crazy to get the unit replaced. It has been worked on at least six times, new compressor, etc and still doesn't work right. I got my lab results back and I am still seriously anemic from iron deficiency. My blood's oxygen carrying capacity is extremely low. I think that may be why I just can't tolerate the heat. I am going to ask one of my doctors to write a letter stating that for me.

Anyway, don't work too hard. Call in all outstanding favors and enlist family and friends.

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG]

AND

[​IMG]

3. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Thank You and

[​IMG]

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Rinda, good luck with your findings and solving the dilemma!

Hope you all can keep cool today.

So funny.... I thought I would give all the hens a break today. I kept the roosters penned up, except the 3 Delawares in the layers coop. The girls act like they don't know what to do! Honestly! Most of the Orps went into the hallway of the breeder barn to be close to their rooster. [​IMG]

Fred was enjoying himself - Tony Turkey grooms him, and then they usually take a nap.
    Smile for the camera, Fred.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Broody from the layers coop is so good with her 10 chicks, some of which she adopted.

[​IMG]

Look at these crazy girls! I have no idea where they think they are going. Bright and early this morning, and I had to go corral them and get them headed back home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like it is gonna be a beautiful day here today - around 85°. I stayed up all night, so I could sleep the day away. Michael loved this holiday, and I just want to sleep through it.

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Kathy.

[​IMG]

6. Hangtown Farms

Hangtown Farms Overrun With Chickens

May 19, 2012
    PLACERVILLE CALIFORNIA
    ohh how I miss green

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Kathy, It's so sweet that Fred has a friend. Your loose hens seem to be on a mission - whatever that may be. I tried to sleep today away but only made it till 1 pm- forgot to take my morning pills, and now it's time for the lunch ones - what a pain. So far it is 84 degrees last year was 102 so this is much better.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

It isn't even noon yet here and it's already 102. Thanks for the med reminder, though, Diva.

Not looking forward to the electric bill, what with the window A/C unit going nearly 24 hours and the two fans constantly running in the house. Yah, and the fan in the coop which has been on for weeks.

Got two pints of ice cream in the freezer suggesting they be my meal replacements....

9. cbnovick

cbnovick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Meeeeee Tooooooooo!!!!!! [​IMG]

still missing Northern Cali from 2 years ago and even my native Oklahoma after all these years...both very green with lots of water....lalas, nothin' doin' here in AZ [​IMG]

10. cbnovick

cbnovick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    that would be 'alas' and not 'lalas'....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by