Stella's Social Club

Nice broodies and cute chicks Kathy. I have one Icelandic raising two mutts, 1 Icelandic on some Icelandic eggs, 1 Olandsk Dwarf setting on more dwarf eggs, 1 SFH on SFH eggs, and one mutt started on mutt eggs but she's getting kicked off don't need any more barnies running around.

Cute boy Cindy. My sister's kids are 27,21,16,and 8 so same number of years as you from oldest to youngest.
thanks
smile.png

Cute kid Cindy! Looks like he is in jail!

What is wrong with all these broodies? Why don't they realize that late spring/early summer is time for fun before the heat sets in. Time to enjoy the great outdoors without melting their make-up. Flip flops, sun dresses, cute straw hats. In a couple of weeks they will have babies wanting them to go out and play. All they will want to do is stay inside under the air conditioner (well, Mahonri's girls anyway).
thanks...
and it does look like a jail window!!!
that's why i figured i had better elaborate on his exact locale...
wink.png

I'm in AZ along with Dar...but the most they're getting is fresh, cool water...a frozen gallon jug and maybe a fan when the temp goes over 105...no way my husband would ever agree to paying for A/C for livestock. guess it'll be the survival of the fittest or most tolerant this summer...I'm gonna be kicking myself for finishing a last hatch in mid June.
Ugh!!
th.gif

Whew, I need a chicken break.

I'm in full on prep for my County Fair and have been baking for the last few days. So far I've made my cookie dough for; chocolate chip, gingersnap, oatmeal, peanut butter, shortbread & sugar. I've also baked, pound cake, cupcakes, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, lemon/blueberry bread. I've finished my French bread, graham bread, raisin bread & white bread. I have thirty-five things I haven't started yet (entries go in on June 10th to judge on the 11th.

I still have to mount my photo and organize my canned goods.

I like the old lady sports, LOL

Although I haven't found time to sit and tat for a couple of years now.

Whew, I need a chicken break.

I'm in full on prep for my County Fair and have been baking for the last few days. So far I've made my cookie dough for; chocolate chip, gingersnap, oatmeal, peanut butter, shortbread & sugar. I've also baked, pound cake, cupcakes, pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, lemon/blueberry bread. I've finished my French bread, graham bread, raisin bread & white bread. I have thirty-five things I haven't started yet (entries go in on June 10th to judge on the 11th.

I still have to mount my photo and organize my canned goods.

I like the old lady sports, LOL

Although I haven't found time to sit and tat for a couple of years now.
It all sounds so yummy! Good luck at the fair.

Quote: Thanks. DH says his tummy is my fault, because someone has to eat all the leftovers. I used to bring it to work, but since I'm pretty much retired I have far fewer sources to offload all the extras.

Ooooh, maybe I'll take some to the post office, they've been very helpful lately with eggs and birds.

Quote: Thanks. DH says his tummy is my fault, because someone has to eat all the leftovers. I used to bring it to work, but since I'm pretty much retired I have far fewer sources to offload all the extras.

Ooooh, maybe I'll take some to the post office, they've been very helpful lately with eggs and birds.
but isn't that why they invented elderly friends and family, grand kids and great neices and nephews?????

but isn't that why they invented elderly friends and family, grand kids and great neices and nephews?????
I have a pretty small family, but I do keep the neighbors supplied..................................it helps with the 75-100 roosters I have crowing, LOL

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

We had a cook-out with 4 of 6 of our children and had a great time. The Cinco de Mayo poults were a hit with the girls.......... "They are so friendly!" "They make the cutest sounds!".........mind you, these are the 23 year old DD2 and 31 year old DIL........not the grandkids!!
gig.gif

Well our plans for Memorial Day got canceled as we had a puker.... hoping everyone is better by tomorrow my SIL is set to have her baby and I want to go see!!! They never find out gender, but big sis is 11 and hoping for a sister (they have two young boys as well).

look what was waiting for me in the coop when i got home yesterday evening...

with the head that is currently missing i would have put it at about 5'5".....since it was only a couple inches shorter than me when i held it up
th.gif

the three lumps are ceramic eggs...need to go get some more now!

Back
Top Bottom