Stella's Social Club

Laughter through tears, just like Dolly said, is a good emotion. Kathy, your son reminds me so much of mine. Good qualities, responsible, service to others, coach and mentor to kids, and not a bit of punk in them. Your story of your last visit with Michael reminds me that we should make every visit with loved ones as if it were the last. How amazing that you had the opportunity to do that.

Be strong when you have your last visit with Michael. It is just your last visit on earth. You'll have lots of friends standing beside you in spirit today.

Mary

I hate to turn the talk back to chickens but Molly and Deb I, or anyone else, I am still looking for a cream leg bar cockerel or rooster for my friend. I ran into her at a swap meet (rummage) sale today and she is still looking for one.

Kathy, this is a poem that always bring me comfort I hope it will do the same for you, family and others .

Do not stand at my grave and weep: I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush. I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry: I am not there. I did not die. (author unknown)

I hate to turn the talk back to chickens but Molly and Deb I, or anyone else, I am still looking for a cream leg bar cockerel or rooster for my friend. I ran into her at a swap meet (rummage) sale today and she is still looking for one.
I thought I wrote back to you. I have one adult roo, about six young cockerels (a few months) and older chicks. And few days ago, I hatched three CL, all boys.

So sorry to hear that Kathy. Words can't express my sympathy. I am glad you were able to spend some time with him recently. Every time I go home and visit with my mom I try and do something special for her while I'm there. Sounds like he was the same way.

Kathy, this is a poem that always bring me comfort I hope it will do the same for you, family and others .

Do not stand at my grave and weep: I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush. I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry: I am not there. I did not die. (author unknown)

Yes, yes, yes!! I had never heard that before, and yesterday someone made a video (heart-wrenching) of pictures and music of Michael's live..... these were the words at the end of it!

It was a wise decision to close the casket, so the children can not see him like that. I say this after stomping my feet and insisting that others should be able to view him, like we (family) did. Then, I watched the video of memories and saw him with all those children and little wrestlers. He was a big strong loving man, full of life and very verbal. That is how they should remember him.

Official autopsy results are still pending, though we received word that preliminary results point to a brain aneurysm. We wondered about that possibility, too, because the two days before he died he kept complaining of a head ache so severe that he had to hold his hands to his head and, "squeeze" his head (is how he himself described it).

Well, another day is done and we are one day closer to getting this over with. I am ready for this to be done. I am hoarse and drained. I have so so so many holding me up - I include you all in this - which is such a comfort. Funny isn't it - when I need be alone or some quiet time - I come here.
Thank you all for being here!

Kathy, I have a friend who lost a son who was Special Forces, and I showed her your posts about Micheal. She said to tell you that your son is a very special man, an exceptional person beyond what many people can understand, brave, loyal and true. She loved the picture of him with the little girls. Thank you for keeping us posted.

Back
Top Bottom