Sticky Chick - Help!!

Definitely not in a rush, just want to make sure I don't lose them if I can help it. I'll leave them be for now and just watch/pray they make it... they're so cute! Thank you for replying, it's so appreciated!
The more you mess with them the greater chance they don't make it.

Wait.

Just wait...they must absorb stuff before they hatch. It takes time and hopefully they still have time left.

Did that and managed to get his head out... tried to wash off a bit of the goo and then put him back. I noticed the yolk isn't completely absorbed yet.. so he/she is now titled upright in the incubator.
It's in the perfect position now to push out when it's ready, you did a great job! :thumbsup
Do you have a picture of the other 4 that already hatched? I'd love to see them!

It's in the perfect position now to push out when it's ready, you did a great job! :thumbsup
Do you have a picture of the other 4 that already hatched? I'd love to see them!
Thank you!! I got the second one out, she was much more cemented so I did the same thing and unglued her head.

I'd love to show you :) Pictures of all attached!!
16282803956905983605929534818430.jpg
16282804204704543654492742301723.jpg
16282804430109128132912158257649.jpg
16282804558591070193144475104478.jpg

Do you have a thermometer in that tote?

It looks like they are trying hard to get away from the heat spot just under the lamp which would mean it it too hot.

Overheating them can be deadly.

You might want to think about moving the waterer and the feed bowl away from the edges so they have room to walk all the way around each one.

You might want to think about moving the waterer and the feed bowl away from the edges so they have room to walk all the way around
They're normally not so close but as you can see the water needed changing so I moved them for the picture. I try to keep them close to the wall though otherwise these guys swim all day

They're normally not so close but as you can see the water needed changing so I moved them for the picture. I try to keep them close to the wall though otherwise these guys swim all day
Have you tried to make a waterer that they can't get in to swim?
Hold. Let me find you some examples real quick.
I'll be right back.

Back
Top Bottom