Still Flooding, they are going to lose the battle

hugs.gif

hoping for the best

Thank you guys, it means a lot.

They are still working on dikes, and probably will be as until it is no longer safe to be there. The water is starting to rise faster now. The only way that this will 'personally' affect me is that I think the highway on either side of us will get flooded about 15 miles away in either direction. That will leave us one road to go anywhere as long as it doesn't flood. Right now they are down to two roads to get from the north end of town to the south end and needless to say, the traffic is pretty bad. They are repeatedly asking folks to stay off of the roads if you don't have to be there because the dirt haulers are getting stuck in traffic. I am not about to go out sight seeing, so I just see the pictures on the news and on the news stations facebook page.

I guess it's just a matter of time now...

The river is now at a record high and is projected to go up 5 more feet in the next 24 hours...

I listened to a first hand account of the Minot flooding given via the radio on my way home from work tonight. The woman being interviewed was a Manager at a local Minot Radio station. She gave a heart wrenching first hand account as to how this is affecting not only Minot (thousands of people) but small towns and farms around the Minot area. Her own home was flooded.

We are experiencing flooding here in Nebraska as well. Such a sad situation for so many people. Losing homes, businesses, places of employment, food sources, etc.

My heart goes out to everyone touched by this terrible flood. So many un-knowns and so many un-answered questions. So much pain.

Joni

Now there is a flash flood warning for the next town down river and people are to evacuate immediately. They are saying that there was a levee breech... what a way to start your day!

I don't understand why FEMA won't provide trailers for the homeless. The people are no different than the one down in New Orleans, now come on FEMA, you can do better than that!

Nothing worse seeing people being forced from home, got nothing to save their homes and have to rebuilt or relocate with NOTHING in $$$$ to do away with. I am very certain we will see more unemployed folks in near future.

I guess it's part of the procedure. First they have to look at what is available in the way of housing before they do anything. Amazingly enough, with 11,000 people forced from home, there are only a few hundred in the shelters. The rest are with family, friends, or complete strangers who have opened their homes.

They set something up for pets, and have about 500 animals there. I am glad to see that with all of the cameras set up and people taking pictures, there aren't loose animals running around.

Somebody posted a picture on the news stations facebook of a little duckling they rescued from the river. They said that if it moved just a little bit it would have been swept away. The poor thing was just soaked!

Quote:
They couldn't move trailers in until the flooding is over, after all. So I hope that's the situation - they're waiting to see what's needed and where's a dry place to put them.

Hope everyone there is safe!

Back
Top Bottom