Still Life with Chickens

Heron - I loved your book, and will give it to my daughter to read as she and her children are going through some difficult times. Still Life led me to this forum. I discovered McMurray, mail order chicks, and the wealth of information available on this site. Thank you, thank you!!
smile.png

OH!!! I am so happy I came across this thread! Heron I have a little story related to your book. I work in a bookstore and one day I came across your book on the shelf. I thought to myself...next payday I am going to have purchase this book as it is just the kind of thing I would LOVE to read. Well, Friday comes along and it is not on the shelf. Dumb me did not write down the title and author (you!!!) and I could not remember a thing...just what the cover looks like. I was thrilled when I saw it mentioned on the other board and so now I could look it up to see if we would be getting it in (we had returned the hard cover edition). So I check it out and to my dismay we were not going to be carrying the paperback!!! WELL... I marched over to my boss and begged him to order it in because I know I can hand sell it to many ppl!! So now I am impatiently waiting for it to arrive in my store and I will be the first person to buy it!!! Thank you for providing me with what I am sure is going to be my next favorite book!!!
yippiechickie.gif

HI-- Thanks everyone! I've been having trouble logging on (fixed now, thanks to Rob) and so haven't gotten on sooner. HenHappy -- that's a great story and thanks for your determination. I hope you like the book. And Finch, I'm so glad that Still Life led you here. That is so cool. HenCackle, book two is on the way. I don't know when, exactly, but we just got the nod. Maybe next year? Hope so. xo, Catherine

Hey Heron,

I got your book in the "purple chicken" give away game at the local Chickenstock. I loved it! It is spare, evocative and a very good read. Thanks. I'm glad you got the nod for another. You'll have to let us know when it is out.

Karen

Heron, when will your next book be out? I've got Still Life in hard cover, but I do like the way you write!!!! I call them comfort books! Just a really enjoyable read. Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom