Still wondering what breed I have :)

Heyo :) I can give you an answer to this! If they came from us (Townline) then it looks like you have:

A. Barred Rock
B. Golden Laced Wyandotte
C. Ameraucana

Do you have older pictures now? They can be hard to tell when younger.
I'm not sure if you got these from us via online shipping or from TSC -- but if you did get them shipped we typically put an abbreviation of each breed that is included in the assortment on the box.

Best of luck!
There is no way those are the breeds. The first one doesn’t even look remotely like a Barred Rock?

You (Townline) considers these breeds rare?

The GLW and Ameraucana - yes. The barred rock not so much. But did they order just a rare breed assortment?

We don't sell rare breed assortments.

What would you consider a rare breed? :cool::jumpy

Last edited:
The GLW and Ameraucana - yes. The barred rock not so much. But did they order just a rare breed assortment?

We don't sell rare breed assortments.

What would you consider a rare breed? :cool::jumpy
I think she did say she ordered a rare assortment, maybe that was a misunderstanding.
I'd consider an Ausburger a rare breed.
Not any off the three mentioned.

In defense of Townline (and trash-panda if they actually work for them), some hatcheries are pretty......lets say......liberal on their definitions. This is the list that McMurray claims represents....as they call it, the "Rarest of the Rare" for one of the hatching egg assortments they sell.

"Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Silver Gray Dorkings, Old English Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish".

I would say less than half of those are even remotely rare....

Back
Top Bottom