Stinky Goobers got lucky! I'm a weenie.....

navasima

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
New Mexico
So - I'm kindof having a "do over". I brought the Goobers inside.
smile.png
They're so small and it's getting cold...and I like 'em where I can see 'em and laugh at 'em....

I kept 7 - 1 M Tibetan; F: 2 A&M, 1 E. White, 1 Roux dilute, 1 Tibetan, 1 golden

15 min. after they came inside, they were doing their best impresions of dead quail (laying down, legs out) and seemed pretty happy about it.
I gave them some pine shavings w/DE in their box and some fresh alfalfa shake in the cage today. They immediately took some crazy baths....in the shake......yep: Goobers!

A week or two before laying resumes? Whaddaya think? Once they do...I will throw a few in the 'bator...see how the fertility rate is 1/6....worth a try? With a dark male and white females...maybe some tuxes? Should I get them a new boyfriend now or wait and see? Maybe a new boy and new girl to make it 2/7?...or would 2/8 be better? {Note: I do max out at 10 in the dining room!}

Thanks for any input!

Last edited:
Y'all left me unsupervised!!

I'm getting a Golden boy, a Golden girl and a surprise girl this week...along with a whole bunch of eggs...some for snacking...will try to hatch some.....

The adventure begins anew!!

Quote:
its a disease, i started with 5, now i have 30 with about 35 eggs going in the incubator today(from my own stocks) for the new years eve hatch!

It's a highly productive disease too
droolin.gif
! We started out with 5, now just a few years later...we have a couple hundred on the ground and and close to that in the 'bator now.....with more going in this weekend!
lau.gif
gig.gif
th.gif

Knowing that I wasn't innoculated in time...I've already made arrangements to sell birds and/or eggs when I want to prevent being overrun!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom