Stop Worming as a preventative!!

Pics
Below Frigid, It would be good to know which brand of mail-in test you used, and if they find anything. I have seen the one below for sale on Amazon, and there are some others available. Most vets want fresh droppings for fecal tests, and I just wonder how accurate those mail-in ones can be.

I also would not recommend electrolytes in your water daily, since they can cause diarrhea. They can be helpful on extremely hot summer days, but not unless the chickens are becoming weak, and just used when needed. ACV is not needed either, but it won’t hurt on occasion. It can be irritating to the gut during an illness, such as coccidiosis or worms.
upload_2018-11-11_18-34-49.jpeg

Last edited:
It would be good to know which brand of mail-in test you used, and if they find anything. I have seen the one below for sale on Amazon, and there are some others available. Most vets want fresh droppings for fecal tests, and I just wonder how accurate those mail-in ones can be.

I also would not recommend electrolytes in your water daily, since they can cause diarrhea. They can be helpful on extremely hot summer days, but not unless the chickens are becoming weak, and just used when needed. ACV is not needed either, but it won’t hurt on occasion. It can be irritating to the gut during an illness, such as coccidiosis or worms.
View attachment 1587496
I do not think the OP is using daily electrolytes. I was responding to the person I quoted.

Those tests are legit to use on feces that are a couple of days old by the time they get to the lab (and should be refrigerated until testing), but you won't be able to detect the more delicate parasites like Giardia or Trichomonas. But ascarids, Capillaria, tapeworms, flukes, etc, have pretty tough eggs and you will be able to detect any eggs present in the feces. After more than a few days, though, the accuracy of results will diminish as the eggs start to distort and/or embryonate and get confusing. They ask you to collect and mail very fresh feces for this reason.
As Townchicks pointed out in this thread, you're looking at a snapshot when you test a single sample at one time, so you have to keep that in mind and plan for other tests if you have concerns or don't find what you think you should be finding.

Last edited:
Below Frigid, It would be good to know which brand of mail-in test you used, and if they find anything. I have seen the one below for sale on Amazon, and there are some others available. Most vets want fresh droppings for fecal tests, and I just wonder how accurate those mail-in ones can be.

View attachment 1587496
I believe that is the tests that I ordered, I will stop the electrolytes being summer just got over a few weeks ago here, still had 80 degree days this week but got down to 28 the past few nights, and cut back the ACV. Will post results After I send it in. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom