Stopped laying could it be the fermented feed?

HazelandPearl

Songster
5 Years
Mar 16, 2018
Fernandina Beach FL
I have Tulip an Easter egger (just over 1 year old). She eats scratch and peck grower feed. There are 12 weekers with her which she’s amazing with. I started fermenting her feed and she laid one shell less egg and zilch since. She has oyster shells free choice. She seems fine otherwise. Happy as can be and pooping fine. I did give her a calcium tablet. That was an ordeal and not wanting to do that again. I started fermenting her feed and not sure if that changed anything but not one egg since the shell less egg. She also gets crushed egg shells every evening. I am at a loss of what else to do!

Attachments

• 669950F0-0810-490B-B37F-411DD9EEAAEA.jpeg
    669950F0-0810-490B-B37F-411DD9EEAAEA.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 1,591
Have you checked for hidden nest
Yes we have a small area. She goes in the nesting box then comes out around laying time but no egg. I ruled out mites, coccida, worms. I am a loss here. Only thing I changed was starting to ferment their feed that I can think of.

Attachments

• DB216FC6-F949-48C6-931C-438CC3016298.jpeg
    DB216FC6-F949-48C6-931C-438CC3016298.jpeg
    944.1 KB · Views: 6
Hmm, Is she eating less feed with the fermentation?
Honestly her crop doesn’t seem as full. I do see her eating it but maybe she just doesn’t like it… also I thought the scratch and peck would be a better brand versus cluck and co. But maybe she doesn’t like the nicer feed?! Lol she loves for me coming in with the crushed egg shells and her daily small amount of meal worms.

Honestly her crop doesn’t seem as full. I do see her eating it but maybe she just doesn’t like it… also I thought the scratch and peck would be a better brand versus cluck and co. But maybe she doesn’t like the nicer feed?! Lol she loves for me coming in with the crushed egg shells and her daily small amount of meal worms.
Maybe she doesn't like it? What's the protein level?

17% for the scratch and peck. I also don’t see her going for the oyster she’ll ever. I crushed up a calcium tablet and gave it to her mixed with water. Did not go well. I thought she aspirated and I am a nurse I should have thought that out better….

Back
Top Bottom