Stories on the strange, creepy, odd, and unknown?

A flying squirrel ... ?
idunno.gif
if that counts..

Lol.. I guess I need to get out more to see the all the cool things you guys do.

Once I was out feeding the rabbit. It was around 8 ( night ) and around Christmas time. I saw this perfect orange light fly really quick through the sky. I also have a TON of ghost stories.

Heres my "UFO" one:

About 4 years ago the father and me get up at around 4am and get ready to go out deer hunting. Get all our stuff packed and head out on the road from the city into the country. It's pitch black (of course) and as we turned to go down a backroad we looked up over a cut corn field and see a light (almost like a really really bright star upclose) hanging over the field. My father stopped the truck as we watched it for a minute. The sky was clear so no clouds could cover it. We watched it for a minute and it slowly like backed up and then disappeared! We waiting a little longer and about 30 seconds it reappeared farther away and to the side. It flipped us out so bad we flew down that backroad away from the strange thing. Needless to say I was wide awake in the deerstand that morning LOL

Once I was in my barn getting my little goat to put in her stall for the night and out of the corner of my eye I saw a black mass go up the hay loft ladder--I would have dismissed it as trickery of my eyes had my goat not been absolutely terrified, stalk still and looking towards the ladder!!
ep.gif
That hay loft is creepy. One summer we had some hay guys put our hay up there, the man we buy the hay from said they didn't like it up there, it spooks 'em.
hu.gif

My mom and I also had a scary encounter but never saw anything, just heard it and seen what our horses were acting like. I wrote about once on BYC before. It happened one really hot summer night, I was throwing hay to my two colts, it was late (midnight, just got back from the fair), and I got a creepy feeling, but I'm not too keen on the dark so, figured it was just that.

Start to fall asleep and hear something in the apple tree where I had some horses pastured, I thought it was odd that I didn't hear their hoofbeats hitting the rocks underneath the tree, but was too tired to care, so fell asleep. Fast forward to 4 am and my mom and I hear what sounds like a person mimicking a horse whinny and hear our horses running about calling out. Well we thought horse rustlers and hurried up to get dressed/flashlights--during this time the whinny had morphed into a bird sounding whinny. The horses were freaked out, snorting, breathing heavily, wide eyed, but everyone was accounted for. During head count the noise seemed to fly around our perimeter fenceline down by the woods, but it seemed to follow us to each pasture we checked. We were a bit freaked out. But we stayed out there until all the horses calmed down and went back to bed.

Well, we didn't say anything about the crazy incident and life went on for about a week and my mom was visiting neighbors when it got dark and she figured she'd start heading home on foot. We live a hop, skip and a jump away. The neighbor would NOT let my mom walk home, INSISTED she drive her and was turning every single outdoor light on that she could. So my mom was like, alright, what's the deal. Turns out her daughter had a horrifying experience with some sort of beast a few nights back. It had been in a cow pasture when she passed by and chased her home, the kid was so frightened she could not open the door and her mother was so frightened she couldn't get the door open either. The girl said it had white skin (thin, like a bat) and red eyes with pointed teeth, and it made a hissing sound. So my mom freaked out, told me about it and wondered if what we heard that one night was the same thing. To make it even more interesting, there was another eye witness. I guy who camped out all the time said he saw something similar to what the girl described and ceased camping from there on out.
hide.gif

Anyway, I never saw anything, all I do know is that horses don't lie, and we had something out of the norm (not a bear, deer, coyote) passed through that caused some disturbance. We have never heard the crazy horse whinny bird sounding noise since. Chalk it up to WEIRD!!

Intresting stuff!
Er should I change the title of the thread? Hmm, one night mumsy and I were driving off the base and a white light zoomed past us in the front window. It scared the hooey out of my mother, who swerved just a teeny bit. I thought "cool!".
"Mother! Be careful! It's just a luminescent bird in the shape of an orb whizzing by!" ... It kind of looked like a bird. It happened fast and it came out of nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom