Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
Ok, let me rephrase my question. Can you give me a range of sizes of a hutch for rabbits? For pet or meat or fiber. I've never had rabbits, so I'd just like information to store away.
Meat-type doe (about 8-12 pounds mature weight), raising a litter, a common cage size is 30" by 36" and 18" high.

Bucks commonly get a cage slightly smaller, because they aren't sharing with a litter of bunnies.

More space is fine, but if you make the cage too big it is hard to reach rabbits in the back corners (same problem that happens with chicken pens that are too small to walk into but too big to reach into.)

Ok, let me rephrase my question. Can you give me a range of sizes of a hutch for rabbits? For pet or meat or fiber. I've never had rabbits, so I'd just like information to store away.
Our mini lops and harlequins had 24x24 and our NZs and Satin has 30x30. The kits would live with mama until weaning amd then go into adult sized cages with their litter mate, and then seperated by sex asap.

My pet boys ( a mini lop amd harlequin) each had a 24x30 though once we got out of breeding

Baby brown bunny says welcome to Monday.

1698670555387.png

Back
Top Bottom