Stormcrow's Hobby Farm

Pics
Squinting, because it was too dang bright this 6am!

1699203129349.png

Little Grey Bunny (unnamed) is gone. Gave him a good meal in the pasture grasses and the garden, then a good long rest next to caboose. Found him without use of hs back legs early last week, think he may have been jumped on accidentally by momma. Gave him a week in a safe space, things weren't improving, and I wasn't about to to spend every day of the rest of his life washing his back end because the couldn't stand to drop bunny gold. COuld touch the back half of him, no reaction at all.

Ending it was the most humane thing we could do, under the circumstances.

Little Grey Bunny (unnamed) is gone. Gave him a good meal in the pasture grasses and the garden, then a good long rest next to caboose. Found him without use of hs back legs early last week, think he may have been jumped on accidentally by momma. Gave him a week in a safe space, things weren't improving, and I wasn't about to to spend every day of the rest of his life washing his back end because the couldn't stand to drop bunny gold. COuld touch the back half of him, no reaction at all.

Ending it was the most humane thing we could do, under the circumstances.
Yeah it's sad when accidents happen.
I had a cockerel who's back got broken by his best friend, a BBB turkey.
I felt bad for him but the next day I figured he wouldn't recover. Where the hips connect to the spine was broken. He tasted good though, so did his best friend.

You might have answered these questions earlier, I just can't remember.

How old were the young goats when you processed them, and have you had any yet? I've lightly considered getting goats when I finally move to raise to sell and eat, but cant find any straight answers on what the taste will be like. People around here won't eat goat, so its all varying answers online

Tractor supply running 50" x 16' hog panels on special for $25 ea near me.

Grabbed a couple, cut them in half (less than half actually, lost about 16" from each one) then bent them over like i was making a chicken tractor, set them in my raised beds. Now have mini greenhouses for my just started seeds. Bent two more to make rings to place around my citrus, will tent those for th coming freeze as well. Take a LOT of hog rings to hold a cattle panel into a ring. I think I used 25 or 30 on a single panel!

Tommorow will finish the actual small greenhouse (8x8) to protect our still potted semi-tropicals, then look at the budget. At this price, I can make a 12' x 40' greenhouse off the side of the barn for maybe $900 after lumber and the rest. Just a lot of time I don't have, and other projects in progress. But the price...

Back
Top Bottom