Strange!!! Did my rooster lay this egg?

Pics
New Theory A - Zorro doesn't like being excluded from the hen pen. He wants to be a rooster with those lovely fluffy ladies! So he PUT the egg on your doorstep in the hopes you'd "think" he was a hen and put him right back in there!

New Theory B - One of your family found the egg in the hen pen and left it on the deck to prank you into thinking Zorro might lay eggs! Is there anyone in the house who would have a vested interest in seeing you committed for raving about egg laying roosters? <3

This tops high on my list of strangest things I've ever seen... I came upon what I thought was a deflated water balloon on my back deck...and no idea where it came from... Nope, it has a yoke inside! My hens are all in the coop! The only chicken loose is the rooster! Is Zorro half Zoey? :idunno

Ok...No my girls didn't do it. Only thing I can think is maybe a large owl. No other chickens loose.
We have a hen who has laid eggs for 2 years who has started climbing on high things and doing her dangest to crow. She is also mounting other females. If we had just met her we’d swear she’s a he, but we know better. Are you sure it’s def Zorro and not Zoey maybe?

We have a hen who has laid eggs for 2 years who has started climbing on high things and doing her dangest to crow. She is also mounting other females. If we had just met her we’d swear she’s a he, but we know better. Are you sure it’s def Zorro and not Zoey maybe?
Its obviously a zorro;)

Would introducing a roo to your hen help out her in her place?!

Maybe an owl dropped it in the area? Or a hawk? That is definitely a soft egg (when the shell doesn't form correctly before being laid)--and, it wouldn't surprise me that another wild bird breed stole it from somewhere and dropped it during flight... Though, like everyone else, I think it's from one of your hens. I found out that one of our pullets was literally jumping over 2, 8-foot barriers and laying on the side of our house. THEN, she'd go jump right back over the barriers into the fenced in yard. She was first learning to lay. So, if there's ANY way for a hen to get out, or jump over even a fence that you can't imagine is possible--I was so surprised that ours did! AND, that she went out of her way to get back in to where she needed to :)
Ok...No my girls didn't do it. Only thing I can think is maybe a large owl. No other chickens loose.

Back
Top Bottom