Strange email....

d1

Songster
10 Years
May 9, 2009
Saucier,Ms.
I goty this email to a CL item my son is trying to sell, maybe its just me,the guys has not asked for pics let alone even came to look at the truck
idunno.gif
maybe its just me but that makes me leary as to his intentions as he claims(the best I can read) to have a successful business,I mean a secratery to to send me a check and a worker to come pic it up, seems he could go buy a better truck tham we have for sale
idunno.gif
what do you think?

Hello.
I would like to buy your 1995 dodge dakota - $700 which you wanna for sale I saw the advert on craigslist and i am interested in buying it and i want it fast.I should have bargain on the price but due to my quick want of the item i would settle for that amount. I would like to make arrangement for the payment of the item now and i want you to know that i will be paying you with a cashier's check.If you are okay with my procedures you should get back with the name and address you want the cashier's check issued to so i can forward it to my secretary asap to write the cashier's check in the name provided and mail to the address with phone
number.
I would be so glad if you can sell this item to me as i am very much in need of it.As for the pick up i will have one of my worker to come for the pick up after you notify that you have got and cashed the cashier's check sent to you.Get back to me asap so i can know the next step
to take.
I will be waiting to read a reply from you soonest.
Stay Blessed and Best Regards.

I'ts up to you, but it would help stop this kind of activity. A buddy of mine got hit by these guys almost 10 years ago. ALOT of people (especially now) fall for this for quick cash. reporting it only helps the FBI stay on top of it. It won't effect you since you were wise enough to catch it. The person(s) that sent it arent even in ther U.S..

edit: or a simple report to CL may help too

Last edited:
The last (and only) CL ad that I have listed I got three responses. All three was basically "Can I help you here?". Come on...I was looking for a hood for a lawnmower, how can somebody "help" me other than having a hood for sale?
roll.png

Also, remember to use a "junk" email account rather than your primary one for ads there.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom