Strange wet bulb readings

Otter22

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Northern California
I am getting some strange wet bulb readings In my incubator the wet bulb has been reading about 85 with temp at 99.5 witch should be between 55 and 60 percent humidity. I have a turn X incubator. and the humidity adjustment has always seemed to work pretty steady in the past. My wet bulb readings have been shooting up to 91 almost 92 percent and I am not changing anything. What is really strange is if this was a true reading I would think there would be lots of condensation on walls of the incubator and there is none at all. Also looks almost more like the wick is dry than moist but it is still in the water on bottom.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks John

I didn't see anything in the rules about not replying to older threads, so...

Just a thought, but are you using distilled water? Tap water can cause mineral deposits that may build up and stop a smooth flow of water through the wick over time. If the wick isn't taking much water to the wet bulb, there is less evaporation going on then there should be, so humidity would read higher. Also, check to make sure you fan is still giving proper air flow to the wet bulb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom