Stranger at the door

I think she's a Phoenix too - thanks for posting the picture. I think I have to call my brother. I think I need her to join my flock! He lives about 4 - 5 hours away, so it would be a road trip to go get her though.

I'm not sure what my sister did about trying to find her rightful owner, but there really is nowhere around her that you would expect to find chickens. I think she may have hitched a ride with the Spanish speaking fellows who were working on the roof of the office building next door. Maybe she got into the back of the pickup truck to keep warm, and then whoops! she went for a ride! When my brother showed up in his uniform, which looks kind of like a state trooper uniform, the roofers left!! (no kidding!) So - no chance of questioning those guys to see if she was theirs.

You have to hear the way my sister tells the story - it's hilarious. That little girl just came "knocking" on her door in the middle of a snowstorm and when my sister opened the door, she just made herself at home!

Too cute. Thanks for the help on the breed. I never saw anything but the picture, so everyone's guess is as good as mine. If I ever do get her (which I doubt as my brother would want a pretty hen as much as I would), I'll take more pictures.

Thanks guys!
yippiechickie.gif

She looks like a Silver Phoenix to me, too. Here's a photo of my girl, Esther.
P1010706.jpg

She really lucked out. It's gotta be pretty cold in your neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom