Strangest and Silliest Chicken Names?

So, we have a chicken named IRENE! (Sweet Australorp named after our Aussie friend's mum) And here we are waiting for hurricane Irene to arrive here on the Chesapeake Bay... The kids just HAD to go out to the coop/run and now she is IN THE HOUSE. But that's OK. Our girls tap on the back door to come in for a snuggle. And maybe a snack...
D.gif

Update: Irene's nails are now hot pink. We have the chicken salon in the house today.

Last edited:
Omg I love all the names!! You guys are so creative! I have Rocki Apollo and Drago (Drago was just rehomed-neighbors didn't appreciate a rooster)

My ducks are Hedwig Willzyx and Jeffy.

My barnevelder hen is named jozy altidore after the famous soccer player
smile.png
My 10 year old neighbor REALLY wanted a soccer player, and we just wouldn't let our chicken be named Donovan... We just call her jozy now

I am a new chicken mom. I have four hens hatched at the end of April. Their names are Patty, Nugget, Cordon Bleu (called Corde') and Henny Penny (Penny). I named them after food so that I would not get too attached to the chickens. What was I thinking? I love my girls and am looking forward to their eggs soon. I did not think that having chickens would be so much fun! My little dog has also joined the flock. They all get along and wander around the yard together.
lol.png

In addition to those I mentioned earlier (Sumatras: Frank & Nancy Sumatra, Cochins: Mr. Bojangles, Mrs. Robinson, & Georgia [always on my mind], Nankins: Fu, Lu, Shou, & Xi) I forgot to mention my newly named Phoenix pair: Kami & Miko (look 'em up on wikipedia). I also have a Cubalaya cockrel in need of a name, if anyone has any suggestions... I prefer a name with a Cuban connection (not Fidel, Castro, or Elian).

We had a white rooster (breed unknown) named Chesty Pullet after Chesty Puller the best Marine that ever lived. OOORRRRAAAHHH! A Barred Rock named Fred, 2 black Sexlinks named Rex (After T Rex) and Hercules because the were our biggest chickens. We had a RIR hen nammed Belina after the chicken on Return to OZ. We have a roo named Elsriah after my daughters friend at school. We have 8 Americanas which 2 are nammed Little Henery and Simba. The rest have not been nammed because they just all hang together like sheep. They do not have their own personality. Then we have two ISA Browns nammed Henny and Penny. Our last chicken is a RIR and is nammed Belina 2.

We also have a buff duck nammed Zeek and a pekin duck nammed Izzy. We thought Zeek was a boy when we first got her, so she will just have to live with it!

Last edited:
We have two White Leghorn roosters named Wilma and Betty because we thought they were hens for a long time. Once we realized they were roosters DS decided not to change their names.

We named our chickens after various mythological people/gods/etc... we have 3 hens, Zeus, Atlas and Cronous (Athena died a few months after she was born) and a cockerel called Thor. We named some of our new babies Sita, Hermes and Domestos... so yep, very strangely named chickens!

Back
Top Bottom