Strangest/Funniest Places Your Free Range Hens Lay

They found a spot behind a wooden plank and were laying there for days without us knowing.
20190310_170518.jpg

So, after noticing a sudden decrease in eggs collected, DH said the other day, "I think they're laying someplace else." (They had been laying in the machine shed behind the stairs that go up to a storage loft.) So today I decided to let them out a bit later than usual and follow the ones bolting out of the gate with their legs crossed. Three of them ran here:
View attachment 1718732
This is an old semi sleeper cab with a tree on it. They waded through several inches of water, jumped from branch and worked ther way up onto the tree trunk. (“They” are two Barred Rocks and a Red Ranger. The top of the cab is roughly 5.5’ high.
View attachment 1718744
Note that the head of the chicken you see does not belong to the body of the chicken in the foreground.

Apparently these aren’t the only ones laying up there, and it’s been a favorite spot for a while...
View attachment 1718757

Now let’s see your chickens’ favorite places! (And remember - pics or it didn’t happen.)

While this is interesting My biggest question is how do you get your chickens to lay those pink eggs

I have had my ducks lay an egg in the pool before. I have had the hens go into the loft of our barn and lay underneath a bunch of junk that we could never get to. Right now there is one that lays inside the garbage can by our barn. I never thought to take a picture of it but I guess I will if there is one in there today because otherwise "It didn't happen."

While this is interesting My biggest question is how do you get your chickens to lay those pink eggs
Ha! I don't know which one lays that egg. I'll have to stalk the coop sometime to see if I can figure it out.

I have had my ducks lay an egg in the pool before. I have had the hens go into the loft of our barn and lay underneath a bunch of junk that we could never get to. Right now there is one that lays inside the garbage can by our barn. I never thought to take a picture of it but I guess I will if there is one in there today because otherwise "It didn't happen."
Looking forward to seeing it! :lau

Back
Top Bottom