Stray dog *pics*

Quote:
My almost 9yr old saw the pic of Chaos and said "OH! Is he for adoption?!" hehe Dunno where he gets that from!
idunno.gif

How is she doing Marebear?
Did MPR offer any other suggestions? Any private run rescues close to you? I know we have a humane society here and city pounds but the 'home run' rescues here are nicer. Though I have seen some that are really animal hoarders the 3 here are actually nice and get animals adopted to good homes.
You can also list her on the PetFinder classifieds, at least the ppl that are looking on there want to adopt
smile.png

Quote:
Maybe you could say that she is part boxer/lab instead of pitbull mix. You really don't know what she is and she does slightly resemble my brother's boxer.
idunno.gif
I think that it is better not to mention pitbull at all when you consider how nervous the breed makes some people.

I have a Shepherd mix who, I've been told, looks like she might have some pit bull in her. I never tell anyone that because of prejudice against the breed. I just call her a German Shepard something
roll.png
and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Quote:
Just because I don't know what to look for, what is there about her appearance that tells you this? I've never had female dogs that weren't spayed, so I have no experience with that at all.

ETA........For the few people who have asked, we say Rosie is a Boxer/Lab. We don't want to take any chances. Also, deb1 below me points out something I hadn't noticed. Hmmmm.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Just because I don't know what to look for, what is there about her appearance that tells you this? I've never had female dogs that weren't spayed, so I have no experience with that at all.

I was wondering how you could tell this from a photo also. I did notice that in the top picture, it looks like the area under her tail is swollen.

I get my animals spayed also.

Last edited:
I put an add up on petfinder,no luck so far.
I called about 15 shelters, all are full except for the ones who only deal in small dogs.
I live too far outside of town for the guy who guys once a month and picks up strays for him to get her,plus he takes the dogs to several different shelters including some kill shelters and I dont want to do that to her.
She is still staying pretty close,but I'm afraid if she wonders off too far she will get shot based on what she looks like.
All of the private run rescues I found near me, only deal small dogs or dogs that have already been fixed and such.Which I can understand, but I cant currently afford to get her spayed or her shots,which is one reason why I wont keep her. All my other dogs/cats are fixed and up to date on shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this listing marebear, maybe one of these will be of help.
http://www.metroanimal.org/directory/dog_and_cat_rescue.shtml

I also thought from seeing the pic of her that she looked like she was in heat, she looks swelled to me too. Which might be why she ended up in your neighborhood. She might have tied up with another dog and the owners didn't want to deal with the pups and dumped her.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom