striped chicks

swheat

The Bantam Barn
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I had 2 little striped coturnix chicks hatch from the a&m eggs. Is this the normal or wild type variety ?

7576_tiger.jpg

That looks like a brown chick to me. It's size is yet to be determined.
wink.png

This dominant pattern/color/strain/ happens normally but it's most likely a case of human error.

Oops....Joe sent out 2 dozen JUMBO WHITES, and mixed up an egg or two.

The good news is, it's a coturnix. It will breed like a coturnix, and it will taste exactly like a coturnix should you wish to eat in in 8-10+ weeks.

Must be too many margaritas today. When I first checked out this thread I thought the title said "Stripper Chicks".............................Oh well....................

Quote:
i got 1 gold and 7 browns from the 1st batch of eggs i ever hatched out.The parent stock was all English Whites....since then i've hatched out some additional, very interesting colors....
big_smile.png

those look like your typical wild color browns to me. I LOVE my SWEET natured browns.

Quote:
You should have saved me some of those margaritas ... then I probably would have wrote "stripper chicks"..
smile.png

I thought the 2 chicks might be browns but wasn't sure, I missed them at hatch day, I guess they kinda blended with the bobs. I have small batches of coturnix eggs that maybe assorted so I might have some more to go with them. I think they are due 8/14, 8/18 & 8/22.

Back
Top Bottom