Struggling with my current duck hatch

I did have a check mark drawn on the eggs to check that they were turning and whenever I looked, it was usually on the opposite side so I don’t know. I did have to relocate the eggs and bator once so I’m wondering if the turning schedule got messed up when I plugged it back in. That was about a week or 2 ago. 🤔

I’ve never really had issues with dirty eggs but these were pretty dirty so I did wipe them down before putting them in.
Yeah..I mean,
It's kind of a darn if you do darned if you don't.
If you wipe or wash those eggs then you are risking pushing bacteria into the egg.
I just try to only set the cleanest ones. I mean I realize under a broody the eggs could be kind of dirty. But when we incubate we're kind of jacking around with humidity and all of that.

Next time put like an x on one side and an O on the other or something like that so you know for sure they're turning good.
I have noticed that incubator sometimes only rolls them a little and some can get a little hung up and never turn fully over.

Yeah..I mean,
It's kind of a darn if you do darned if you don't.
If you wipe or wash those eggs then you are risking pushing bacteria into the egg.
I just try to only set the cleanest ones. I mean I realize under a broody the eggs could be kind of dirty. But when we incubate we're kind of jacking around with humidity and all of that.

Next time put like an x on one side and an O on the other or something like that so you know for sure they're turning good.
I have noticed that incubator sometimes only rolls them a little and some can get a little hung up and never turn fully over.
Yeah, these eggs came from a friend. Out of 12, 6 started developing.

I will definitely do that for my next batch. I didn’t think about it, as it’s not something I worry about with the calls. Good idea! :D

Update on the hatch?
All 4 babies out. Last one is really weak. Poor little thing. I’m going to try to get it some nutridrench. :fl
A864C7B6-C0EC-4284-AC4D-1AA4ACF95F03.jpeg
A43B940C-DA2B-438D-A902-472E73751AF1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom